IMTC KG-A Newsletter
Mrs. Aksa Alex, Mrs. Kanmoni Prijoe and Mrs. Bindhu Samuel
Last Week's Lesson
Last week in class we taught about The Marthoma Church Logo. This was the last chapters in the Foundation and Vision Books.
What are the different symbols in the Marthoma logo?
In the marthoma logo there are three symbols. They are 1) Cross 2) Lamp and 3) The Lotus flower
What do the symbols mean?
- Reminds us of God's love of how he sent his son Jesus to die for us so that we might be saved.
- The lamp of knowledge gives us light.
- Light takes away darkness.
- When we have light , we feel safe and we can see where we are going. We will not stumble and fall like if we would if there was darkness.
- Light represents Jesus Christ in our lives.
- This plant starts from underground and it has to fight its way through the dirt towards the sunlight.
- When the plant finds enough light above the ground it blooms into a flower.
- This is similar to the world when evil is surrounded by it, just like the dirt surrounds the plant.
- But then because of the light, the flower rises above the earth as Jesus did when he saved us from all the evil in the world.
Please review the memory verses at home and have them memorize the same for class. They have been told they will receive a golden sticker if they remember both memory verses.
"I am the light of the world"
Thank You Book or Gratitude Book
This concept is taken from the Hawn foundation started by Goldie Hawn. This is basically to remind children as they grow older about all the blessings they have in their life. America as a country is seeing children who start to get very stressed out and depressed as they grow older and these little things like the gratitude book remind them of the blessings they have in their life. So please encourage them to participate actively.
Prayer for Anju's Healing