Weekly Updates May 9 - 13, 2016
As I think about this week I think on the hard work you all have completed this year. You have
- worked to use Purposeful Planning (RCD) work to make sure we were assessing an teaching to the correct rigor of the standards. You have used that process with your students to help them understand their learning.
- used the data team process and standards based grading to make sure students were getting to mastery of standards.
- used technology infused instruction to support learning.
- worked with students to name strategies they have learned to master standards.
- began implementing project based and self-paced learning.
WOW! This week it is the students turn to show off their hard work and your turn to be their biggest cheerleader. Remember to use words of encouragement and remind them each morning to think about what they do know because they have learned a lot this year!
Just a reminder - Dr. Neihof visiting East Monday. We will meet in library at 8:05 for a few minutes.
We will talk more about our specific communication plan and roll in date during faculty Tuesday.
Students can wear sweatpants/athletic shorts during testing!
- Dr. Neihof available during planning periods
- KPREP Pep Rally - 2:15 ( testing locations first, we will call to gym about 2:30.)
Tuesday - Faculty meeting afterschool -- we will be talking about PD plans.
- SBDM meeting 5:15 in library
No extracurricular activities during KPREP testing week!