Coronavirus Mitigation Efforts

UPDATE - As of March 12, 2020 at 4:40 p.m.

Dear District 41 Community, (clic para español)

As we have shared, there are currently no confirmed coronavirus cases in District 41. With the number of cases across the state and region increasing and as a result of our communications and in coordination with the DuPage County Health Department (DCHD) and the Regional Office of Education (ROE), we are taking the following proactive measures to help reduce the spread of illness throughout our community.

  1. We are not allowing any outside groups to use our facilities.

  2. We are not allowing individuals who are not District 41 students or staff inside our buildings beyond the main offices, including parents and volunteers.

  3. Non-essential public and/or large gatherings/events/meetings are suspended until further notice. This includes events during the school day, as well as evening events/programs such as High Interest Day, school dances, drama productions, music performances, etc.

The following activities are suspended until further notice:

  • Theater/drama/music performances and practices

  • All athletic contests

  • All art moms/library volunteers

  • All school trips

  • All field trips

  • All outside groups, including PBL speakers

  • All non-essential public meetings

  • All social gatherings

  • Glen Ellyn Children’s Resource Center (program suspended as of 3/13)

School activities that involve only District 41 students and staff will continue. After-school clubs and sport practices run by district staff are still on-going (outside school contests and competitions are canceled.) Clubs and sports run by volunteers or outside sponsors will be suspended.

In addition, all District 41 buildings will be closed on the weekends for deep cleaning.

School and the before and after school care programs are in session.

If we do have a confirmed case of the coronavirus in District 41, we will close school for 24 hours. At that point, the DuPage County Health Department would help us assist the situation, evaluate our cleaning and disinfection practices, and reduce the risk and vulnerability to students. We would then work on a plan to move forward. Until then, school will remain open and we will continue our cleaning and disinfection practices as directed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We will revisit these protocols as necessary.

As we receive new information, we will send it to you as soon as we can. Check our website here, where we will post all messages that we issue and other resources. We ask that families start to prepare for childcare in the event the schools do close. If we do close, a decision will happen fast and there could be short notice.

These are unprecedented times. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this together.

Dr. Melissa Kaczkowski