March - Grant Community School E-Newsletter
Message from Mr. Morris
We are so excited to welcome your children back to in-person instruction within our hybrid learning model. We know that it is only two days per week and wish that we could go back full time, but we are thankful that students are now filling the building again. Just a couple reminders for you to share with your children about safety and expectations during the spring: masks are required at school (inside the building and at recess), social distancing is still important, hand washing and/or sanitizing often, and not coming to school when you are sick. We want all our staff and students to remain healthy and free from COVID-19. Lastly, we want to thank all of you for your continued support and flexibility during these ever-changing times. We will get through this together and be stronger because of it!
10:30am - 3:30pm Tuesday- Friday
In Person Hybrid Learning
- March 9th & 10th, students in 2nd and 3rd grade
- March 16th & 17th, students in 4th and 5th grade
*Mar 12- no online classes for 4th or 5th grade as teachers prep for their return.
- Students will attend school 2 days out of the week depending on their assigned cohort.
- Our school hours are 10:30am to 3:30pm.
Students should bring/know:
- A face covering/mask and an EXTRA.
- A backpack, reusable water bottle, Volume 2 Math Workbook and check with your teachers to see if there is anything else.
- Leave all of your current school supplies and Chromebooks at home. We will provide basic supplies to use while at school. These are to be kept here at school and will only be used by an individual student.
- Watch our video explaining the cohorts and basic info about returning to school.
- We have made adjustments to our drop off and pick up process. You can watch the video Here.
- Please take the survey after watching all of the return to Hybrid Learning videos. Click Here to take the survey!
Don't forget to send the math workbooks back to school
Dual Language Application Window for Incoming Kinder Students: March 1-31
The window for applications for the Dual Language Program runs from March 1 -31st. If you are interested in having your kindergarten student attend this bilingual program, apply today!
Eligible children are those who are/will be 5-years-old before September 10 of this year. Swing by the school office to pick up a Dual Language Application. Applications are only accepted during the month of March. This is a lottery system conducted by the K-12 Office. The deadline for the Dual Language Program application is March 31st. You can find the DL application here.
REGISTRATION OPENS MARCH 1
- Students must be five years old on or before September 10
- Register at your neighborhood school
What you need to bring with you:
- Proof of age (birth certificate)
- Proof of residence (utility bill, lease agreement)
- Immunization records
March Grizzly Pride Assembly & Spirit Day
This day is also our school spirit day. The theme for March is Green Day! Students can wear green to school on Thursday and Friday.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 893 5451 4243
Boys & Girls Club- Knudson Branch
The Boys & Girls Club- Knudson Branch is looking to open up additional spots for students who attend Grant. Please contact them for direct information. As our community partner, we strive to help each other and our community members. We understand that there may be many families with childcare needs especially as we transition to Hybrid Learning. They are working to adapt with Covid-19 restrictions and will inform us of any changes soon. In the meantime, feel free to call them for availability.
Branch Phone #:503-581-7383
How do I stay connected?
Read our newest format of the school Newsletter via email, remind or on the school website!Follow us on Facebook. @Grantgrizzly
Follow us on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDmUBbjXKJBuGV81tC--Cpg
Follow us on our school website. https://grant.salkeiz.k12.or.us/
Download the free Remind App on your phone. https://www.remind.com/log_in
Check your email inbox. Update your email in Parent Vue if it's not accurate.