6th Grade Return to School 10-5
Information for returning 6th Grade Students
We are excited to welcome our 6th grade students to Alba on Oct. 5!
We are now preparing to welcome back our 6th grade students who have chosen on-campus learning starting Oct 5. Several of the questions you may have will be answered here, and more info will be added as we begin making preparations for the 7th graders to return on Oct 12, and then for 8th graders returning on Oct 19.
* Students in PE will not dress out for PE until further notice.
Covid-19 Back to School: The New Normal
-Ensure students take responsibility for the device assigned for school use. This includes security transporting, charging, and use of the device. Please see the device check out agreement.
- Cooperate and support teachers, your school, and school district policies. Monitor your child's health daily and keep sick children home.
- Communicate with teachers regularly and as needed. Parents should be receiving weekly email reports from Schoology. Please check your spam folders for these emails if you have not been receiving them.
- Comply with all district requests regarding instruction and submission of assignments.
- Utilize district established hotline 251-221-7777, Option 1
- Take responsibility for the student device assigned for school use. This includes securely transporting, charging and use of the device. Students should carry the device in a tech bag daily to and from school. See device check out agreement.
- Login to Schoology (mcpss.schoology.com)
- Be prepared for daily instruction.
- Bring all required materials each day (device, charger, headphones, paper, pencils or pens, etc.)
- Follow teacher's instructions and assigned schedule.
- Focus during instructional time making the most of online and blended learning opportunities.
- Submit all required work through Schoology.
- Ask for help! If you don't understand what you are learning or the content, reach out to your teacher.
- Be engaged in learning!
Please help your students find their bus number before the first day of school. Students will be assisted finding their bus during dismissal during the first week of school.
If you wish to pick up and drop off your child you can do so at the front of the school (on S. Wintzell Avenue). Drop off begins at 7:10 each morning. Because of social distancing students can not be dropped off before 7:10.
* Students must be picked up right after school (2:25).
Please note: Buses will be running normal routes. We will make efforts to seat students as far apart as possible, when possible. If parents are able to transport their children to school, please do so to limit the number of students utilizing the buses.
Take in 7:25
Tardy Bell 7:30
Period 1 7:30-8:30
Period 2 8:33-9:26
Period 3 9:29-10:22
Period 4 10:25-11:18
Period 5 11:22-12:30
· Lunch waves
o First 11:22-11:42
o Second 11:47-12:07
o Third 12:10-12:30
Period 6 12:33-1:26
Period 7 1:29-2:22
2:22 Bus riders dismissed
2:25 Car riders dismissed
School Year Calendar
School Fees and Supply Lists
Please click the documents below to see the list of our school fees and apparel available for purchase and our school supply list. We ask that students come to school with basic supplies (paper, something to write with, something to keep materials in, calculator, water bottle) since materials cannot be shared among students.
Water Fountains WILL NOT be available
Breakfast and Lunch Menu for week of 10-5
Contact Information and Important People to Know
Mr. Jeremy McGuff, Assistant Principal
Mrs. Glenda Pouliot, Title I Facilitator
Mrs. Dumas- Secretary
Mrs. Vice- Bookkeeper
Ms. Tyler- Librarian- email@example.com
Ms. Collier- School nurse
6th Grade Teachers:
Mrs. Patronas- English firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Fox- English email@example.com
Mrs. Ledford- Science firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. A. Zirlott- Math email@example.com
Mrs. Jordan- Math firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Stevens- History email@example.com
Coach Reed firstname.lastname@example.org
Coach Warren email@example.com
Coach Goodwin firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Boone email@example.com
Mrs. Harris- firstname.lastname@example.org
14180 S. Wintzell Avenue
Bayou La Batre, AL 36509
Find the School on Facebook!