Acton Weekly Update: 3/9/18
FTCSC Hedgehog Focus
1. We accept LEARNING as the fundamental purpose of our district and therefore are willing to examine all practices in light of their impact on learning.
2. We are committed to working together to achieve our collective purpose. We cultivate a COLLABORATIVE CULTURE through development of high-performing teams.
3. We assess our effectiveness on the basis of RESULTS rather than intentions. Individuals, teams, and schools seek relevant data and information and use that information to promote continuous improvement.
Nuts and Bolts
Please add to your newsletters:
1. Egg Hunt: The Acton Lodge will will hosting it's annual Easter egg hunt at the school on March 31st from 1-3PM. Please add this information to your newsletters for families!
2. K Registration will be at Acton this year! We will begin registration April 2nd and 3rd at the school. As we get more information, I'll share with you and ask that you share and help promote to families.
HSBT Wellness Screenings are at Acton on April 3rd from 7:00 AM-10:00 AM. If you are signing up for the screening at a time when you need coverage for your room, please let me know ASAP so I can work out a coverage schedule.
PBIS Audit for Acton and FTCSC
Our PBIS audit is coming Tursday, March 15th, in the afternoon.
12:30-1:00 Building Walk-through- Kevin Adams
1:00-1:30 Interviews with students and staff (random)
1:30-1:50 Focus Group 1-First Grade Team (prep time- no coverage needed)
1:55-2:15 Focus Group 2- M. Ryan, Rigsby, Leal
Coverage: Rigsby-Stevens, Leal-A. Smith, Ryan- no sub needed
2:20-3:00 PBIS Team Representatives: Kevin Adams, Froning, Jewell
Coverage: Froning- on prep, Jewell- Gonzalez
3:00 Interview with Principal
TWO CHROMEBOOK CHECKOUT CARTS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE THE MORNINGS OF MARCH 12-14TH DUE TO IREAD TESTING.
Tuesday: Mini-Lesson Planning Time
Wednesday: Grade Level Data Focus (CORE Team)
The Q3 window opens on 3/5 at 7:00am and closes on 3/15 at 5:00pm.
However, KG is different…the Q3 KG window is open the entire nine week period. The Q3 KG window will close on 3/15 and the next day I will open the Q4 KG window.
Please have grades posted and ready to print by 3:00 on March 14th. We will print them that evening and put them in your mailbox to review on Thursday before the window closes.
Report cards will be given to students to take home on March 16th as they leave for spring break.
What's Coming Up
13 KDG Field Trip
14 Principal Appreciation
15 PBIS Audit
15 REx Whitaker's Retirement Party
19-30 SPRING BREAK
2 School Board Meeting
2 Students Return
2 Kindergarten Registration
3 Kindergarten Registration
3 HSBT Wellness Screening
10 5th grade field trip
11 Spring Pictures
12 Student Council
13 Breakfast and Books
16-May 4 ISTEP
20 Mid term ends
20 All Pro Dads
23 School Board Meeting
25 Secretary’s day
25 midterms posted
27 1st Grade fieldtrip