Aquin Speech Team Sign Up
Join the Aquin Speech DAWGS!
If you answered 'YES' to any of the above questions, you should join the Aquin Speech Team. Try it! You just might like it!
What do we do?
In addition to practices and performances, we have a TONS of FUN! Some of these fun things include:
- Operate the Concession Stand for 3 home basketball games
- Dinner together after some of our Speech Tournaments
- End of Season Celebration at 'This Is It Eatery'
- End of Season Sleepover in the School Auditorium
What's the Schedule like?
Practice Sessions are available before school (7:15am - 7:45am) and/or after school (3:15pm - 4:30/5:00).
We attend meets/tournaments on Saturdays. Our schedule includes the following:
- One Saturday in December
- Every Saturday in January (except for Christmas Break)
- One to two Saturdays in February for Regionals and Sectionals.
- An additional Friday/Saturday in February with a State Qualifier.
Some of Our Successes
Some of our successes over the years:
- Many 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place Finishes
- Qualified for Sectionals in more than one category, in more than one year
- Qualified for Sectionals many times
- A Sectional Finalist
Still on the Fence?
Still thinking about joining? We have several categories to choose from.
- Dramatic Interpretation (Acting/Individual)
- Dramatic Duet (Acting/Partner)
- Humorous Interpretation (Acting/Individual)
- Humorous Duet (Acting/Partner)
- Original Comedy (Individual - your original script)
- Special Occasion Speaking (Individual - your original speech)
- Informative Speaking (Individual - your original speech)
- Oratory (Individual - your original speech)
- Oratorical Declamation (Individual - you deliver a speech written by someone else)
- Radio Speaking (Individual - radio newscast)
- Prose Reading (Individual)
- Poetry Reading (Individual)
- Extemporaneous Speaking (Individual - current events/politics)
- Impromptu Speaking (Individual)