Your Weekly Update from Bennett-Hemenway Elementary School
Today's whole school assembly welcomed BALL IN THE HOUSE!
Five Things You Need to Know
1 - PLAY DATES, BIRTHDAY PARTIES, AND MORE
Did you know our PTO creates a school directory each year to share contact information with families that OPT-IN to the directory. Complete this form with information you want shared to be included in the 2022-2023 School Directory. This is voluntary and only information included will be published.
2 - PTO MEETING ON THURSDAY, OCTOBER 6
Our first PTO meeting of this school year will be next Thursday. This virtual meeting will take place on Google Meet from 7:00 - 8:00 pm. Join our School Counselors, Taylor Scannell and Sarah Shaw , as we preview our new Social Emotional Learning tool and share ideas to help support your student across settings. Here is the meeting information:
Ben Hem PTO
Thursday, October 6 · 7:00 – 8:05pm
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/hnp-qzkp-pxz
Or dial: (US) +1 650-535-0491 PIN: 301 344 653#
More phone numbers: https://tel.meet/hnp-qzkp-pxz?pin=8595480531362
3 - STILL WAITING ON 50 FAMILIES TO COMPLETE REQUIRED YEARLY FORMS
We are waiting on 50 families to complete their yearly forms in PowerSchool. Without these forms, we are unable to support students in certain ways during the school day. Some of these limitations are:
- Your child(ren) will not be included in any school photos including any yearbook photos
- Your child(ren) will not be allowed to participate in extracurricular activities
- Your child(ren) will not receive any acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Tums, and/or cough drops
- Your child(ren) will not be able to be COVID tested for symptoms while at school
- Your child(ren) will be subject to the suspension of any Web 2.0 Tools (this includes Google Suite)
Please log into Powerschool and complete the yearly forms. Once these forms are completed, any restrictions due to lack of information from the beginning of year onboarding will be lifted.
4 - BEN HEM SCHOOL COUNCIL
The recent Ben Hem Bulletin from PTO shared that we are searching for new School Council members to join our team. The school council meets one Tuesday a month form 5:30 - 6:30 pm virtually. We review school improvement plans, operating budgets and the overall mission of the school. Please reach out to our PTO if you are interested in joining the council.
5 - NO SCHOOL: WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 5TH
Yom Kippur is the most solemn of Jewish religious holidays. It concludes the “10 days of repentance” that begin with Rosh Hashanah.
- Title I: Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990Title II
- Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990Title VI
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964Title IX
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
- MGL, Ch.76, Section 5: Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 76, Section 5