By: Glenda Cruz
The purpose of this experiment is to compare temperature’s affect on liquids evaporation rates. I became interested in this experiment because I want to see if any of the 3 liquids will evaporate at the same rate. The information gained from this experiment will help others learn more about liquids.
A swimming pool is a place where water evaporates. And, the water in swimming pool varies a lot from day to day. Swimming pool water has chemicals added to it. This evaporates faster because of the temperature.
The evaporation of lake water is different from the evaporation of drinking water. The lake water is dirtier than clean water that we drink. The cleaner water will evaporate faster because it doesn’t have a lot of stuff in it. There is more dirt and trash in the lake. The water that we drink goes from place to place while lake water just sits in one place.
When water evaporates, the molecules bump each other and is called atmospheric pressure. This causes the liquids to just simply go up in to the atmosphere.
My hypothesis is water will evaporate faster than vinegar and lemonade. I base my hypothesis on the research I studied for this experiment.
water 10 mL
DV: rate of evaporation
CV: amount of liquid; containers
1. Measure out the liquids (10 mL)
2. Set out the liquids in the container
3. Leave liquids sit for 2 days.
4. Measure and record the amount of remaining liquid.
4. Graph the results
The original purpose of this experiment to compare temperature’s affect on liquids evaporation rates. The results of the experiment were lemonade,vinegar, and water all evaporated. Lemonade evaporated in 5:30. Water evaporated is 5:12. Vinegar evaporated in 4:30. The 3 liquids in the window sill all evaporated at the same rate.
- My hypothesis was water will evaporate faster than vinegar and lemonade. The results indicate that this hypothesis should be considered incorrect. Based on the results of this experiment expect vinegar to evaporate faster. And in the window all of the liquids evaporated at the same rate.If I were to conduct this science fair project again I would use different liquids and different frying pans and more amount of there liquids.