Weekly News for Room 205
Ms. Howey's Class
Week of: December 8-12, 2014
- HELP NEEDED: I need volunteers to help cut out felt and thread needles for an upcoming sewing project. If you are available on Wed. (12/10) from 8:45-9:30, please write me a note in your child's planner. Thanks!
- Last week's blog posts & comments were due today.
- New posts and comments will be due on Friday, Dec. 19th.
- 15&5 journals will be collected on Tues., Dec. 9th.
- Report cards will be sent home on Tues., Dec. 9th. The report card is yours to keep, please sign and return the envelope to school-it will be used for the next report card.
- We will be participating in the "Hour of Code" this week! This global initiative aims to introduce millions of children around the world, to computer science, or coding/programming. We'll be doing some beginner coding lessons. Who knows, by the end of the year, maybe some of our students will design their own apps or games?!
- We will be taking a walking field trip to visit Mr. Frakes' father's studio this Friday. The kids will get to learn about silk screening and see some really cool sculpture. The studio is near Pierce Middle School. Round trip, we'll be gone for an hour. Please remind your child to dress for the weather.
- We have a spelling test this Friday, Dec. 12th.
- Congratulations go out to our Avenue B choir, you did a fabulous job in last week's concert!!
- Our Winter Holiday Party will be held on Friday, Dec. 19th from 1:15-2:15. If you would like to donate items for or help with our party, please contact Sheri Rieth @(313) 657-2885.
- Things to ask your child about: Hour of Code, our blog, "The Tiger Rising", Mystery Skype