Microsoft's Quincy Data Center Tour
Take the tour with NCESD - Space is Limited - Register NOW
Advance Registration is REQUIRED
January 11th OR January 25th from 11:00 to 2:00
An Opportunity to Walk In the Cloud...
Tour Microsoft's Quincy Data Center with NCESD District Tech Directors. This is a 3-hour tour that will greatly enhance your knowledge and understanding of cloud based computing.
- Microsoft data center history (5 minutes).
- Why Quincy WA (5 minutes); proximity to Redmond, low seismicity, fiber optics, low land cost, tax breaks, hydropower availability and cost. Other DCs here too.
- Staffing (5 minutes); critical environments team, IT services team, security team, specific vendor teams.
- Walk-through (on paper) of traditional data center; later an actual walk-through. (5 minutes).
- Walk-through (on paper) of newer (faster, cheaper, better) data center design; later an actual walk-through. (5 minutes).
- Comparisons/contrasts between traditional and newer data center designs. (5 minutes).
- Review of safety rules. (5 minutes).
- Q&A (10 minutes).
- Walk-through of traditional data center (45 minutes).
- Walk-through of newer data center (30 minutes).
ADVANCE REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. No unexpected arrivals will be allowed inside. (“No show” is OK if someone can’t attend; but last minute additions cannot be accommodated.)
- All will receive WORK RULES (safety rules) via email. These must be read-understood-signed either electronically or on paper upon arrival.
- All tour attendees must bring current valid government-issued photo ID. (We do NOT keep these IDs; nor do we keep a copy.)
- All tour participants will be allowed entry under NCESD’s Non-Disclosure Agreement which will be binding on all.
- (No blogging, no tweeting, no discussing outside of a proper business-educational relationship.) No photography allowed on-site. Phones OK to use throughout the facility. No laptops or tablet computers allowed. No recording devices.