What it looks like...
- Coarse black feather.
- The only bird bigger than a Cassowary (128lbs) is an Ostrich.
- The casque on the top if its head,is used to make a path,protection,and is used for communication.Sometimes the bird will use it as a shovel.
- Wattle on the neck fills with blood when it gets hot,then the bird dips it in water to cool off.
- Long legs help it to run up to 30 miles per hour.
- Long claws slice and cut things the bird kicks at.
Where does it live?
- Northern Australia and New Guinea.
- Usually found in rain forests.
- It is an omnivore,it eats fruit and seeds and small animals it finds.
- Native people trade Cassowarys for pigs and sometimes wives.
- They are not endangered but suffer from habitat loss.
- Have been known to attack and kill people.