Divine Providence School
May 13, 2021 Home and School Connection
Remembering Mrs. Feyereisen
COVID vaccine for children
The May 14th vaccination clinic will be administered at Melrose Park Elementary School, 1715 W Lake St, Melrose Park, IL 60160
The May 17th vaccination clinic will be administered at Local 73 Hall, 4550 Roosevelt Road in Hillside, IL, .
Melrose Park Elementary School, 1715 W Lake St, Melrose Park, IL 60160
A COVID-19 vaccination event is being held this weekend by Catholic Charities and St. Francis of Rome parish and is now open to anyone 12 and above.
The vaccination event will be from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. this Saturday, May 15 at St. Frances of Rome School, 1401 S. Austin Blvd., Cicero.
The Pfizer vaccine will be administered. To make an appointment, click on this link. Walk-up appointments also will be available that day.
The Archdiocese encourages everyone to get vaccinated for their own health and that of the wider community.
Tardies and Homework Drop-Offs
Student tardiness negatively impacts the school day by creating significant disruptions. Additionally, the number of tardies appears on report cards, and can impact future applications for scholarships, high school admission, and school transfers. Children of all ages need to arrive to school on time.
Homework is not to be dropped off by parents, and will no longer be accepted.
Return of Fall Sports!
The Divine Providence Athletic Association is thrilled to announce that we are planning for a return to sports next year!!!! We need to assess the interest in our various sports so we can plan properly for next year.
CLICK HERE to access the survey.
Please complete the survey form via the link below. Submit one survey for each 5th through 8th grade student you will have based on what grade they will be in NEXT year.
Please understand that due to the COVID-19 Virus, the resumption of sports is dependent on the status of the virus in the fall and the restrictions, if any, put in place by the Archdiocese based on local, state, and county health mitigation orders.
We ask that you complete the link as soon as possible. Please watch for other sports related announcements later this spring and early summer.
Divine Providence Athletic Association
IMPORTANT - If anyone in your household tests for COVID-19
If a child has a negative COVID test and has missed two or more days of school, a doctor's note with an alternate diagnosis must be provided in order to return to school.
The reality is that children may be positive with the slightest of symptoms. Always keep our school in your communication.
HEALTH REQUIREMENTS DUE FOR NEXT SCHOOL YEAR!
Divine Providence joins several other schools for this year's piano and ukulele recital.
7th grade service project
Dear DP School Parents and Community,
The 7th graders at DP have been preparing to make their confirmation next year. One of the things necessary is doing service projects. The 7th grade class will be hosting a fundraiser where all funds and newspaper will be sent to Magnificent Mutts. We are asking to please send your child with a small donation of money or newspaper. Either one will be greatly appreciated. Your child’s class will be provided with a money box and newspaper box, made by the 7th grade students. This will begin the week of May 24 and continue till May 28th. Then all donations will be collected. Magnificent Mutts is a nonprofit all-breed rescue for dogs and cats. They strive to rescue and care for any breed of abandoned, abused, or neglected dog or cat until they can find them a loving home. They believe every animal deserves a forever home and as they always say… “Because they’re all Magnificent.” They are located at 755 N. Wolf Road Hillside, IL 60162. To learn more about Magnificent Mutts or if interested in adopting visit this site https://www.magnificentmutts.org. Your donation will be very much appreciated. Thank You!
Refer a new family and get a BIG discount!
You can receive $500 off tuition next year by referring a new family! You can receive more than one discount if you refer more families. (You would receive the discount at the end of the 21/22 school year provided the referred family has been current with all tuition payments)
NUT cards! All students who have registered for next year will receive a NUT card! This will give them Friday out of uniform days from March 12- June 4th! The first class to get 100% response about next year (either they are registered or have let us know you will not be returning) will get a pajama day!
Safe travels- Updated guidance from the Archdiocese of Chicago
- The Archdiocese of Chicago and Office of Catholic Schools follow the Chicago Emergency Travel Order, for domestic travel regardless of whether the traveler resides in the city of Chicago, Cook County or Lake County. In consultation with our medical advisors, we have updated our travel guidelines to conform to new guidance from public health authorities.
The following travel quarantine guidelines replace all prior guidance. Remember that public health departments discourage inter-state travel. We continue to recommend that Catholic school families and employees enjoy a safe spring break at home.
Domestic travel (state-to-state)
- No quarantine is necessary if the traveler is fully vaccinated, which is defined as two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination or two weeks after receiving a single-dose COVID-19 vaccination.
- Proof of vaccination will be required to avoid quarantines.
- Individual must not have symptoms and must maintain strict masking and physical distancing. If a fully vaccinated individual does have symptoms, he or she must quarantine and consult with a health care provider.
- Domestic travel in states designated Orange on the Chicago Emergency Travel Order map requires:
- Ten-day quarantine upon return if there is no negative pre-arrival test (any test administered by a third-party is sufficient; however, a self-administered test is not acceptable) or the traveler is not fully vaccinated (see above for definition of fully vaccinated) OR
- A pre-arrival negative test (within 72 hours prior to return arrival to the school) with strict masking, physical distancing and avoidance of in-person out-of-school gatherings. Archdiocesan schools should accept any negative test prior to school attendance, but no earlier than 72 hours prior to return arrival to the state. Any test administered by a third-party is sufficient; however, a self-administered test is not acceptable.
- For domestic travel in states designated as Yellow on the Chicago Emergency Travel Order map, no quarantine or pre-arrival test is required. However, travelers must maintain strict masking and physical distancing.
Regardless of vaccination status, international travelers must follow CDC guidelines:
- Traveler is to be tested three to five days after their return to the U.S. and must quarantine for a seven-day period even if the post-arrival test is negative (any test administered by a third-party is sufficient; however, a self-administered test is not acceptable).
- If traveler chooses not to take a test three to five days after their return to the U.S., he or she must quarantine for 10 days after arrival.
The COVID-19 pandemic has devastated families and communities around the world over the past year. However, vaccines are a ray of hope against a killer virus and have gained the approval of public health authorities, Pope Francis and Cardinal Cupich. As communities of faith concerned about the sanctity of human life, our religious leaders and Catholic school heroes are not only encouraging everyone to get vaccinated but are rolling up their sleeves to get a life-saving vaccine themselves.
First day of school for the 2021-2022 school year will be August 19, 2021
Re-Registration for 2021-2022 School Year
We are now in the process of planning for the upcoming school year! Planning for our school budget, textbooks, resources and the programs we can offer is all impacted by our school’s enrollment. This year, we are going paperless! We are asking all our current families to recommit to Divine Providence Catholic School for the 2021-2022 academic year. Please complete re-registration HERE. The registration fee is $200.00 per family (non-refundable).
If you have any new student(s) in your household whom you plan on enrolling at Divine Providence for the next school year, please submit your child’s birth certificate, a new student application, immunization record and Baptismal certificate (if applicable) to Linda Hawkins, Director of Marketing and Enrollment at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not planning on returning to DP for the 2021-2022 school year, please let the school office know. Thank you!
Click here for instructions on how to obtain necessary tuition documents for 2020.
April Lunch *
May 14 - Roasted Chicken drumstick
May 17 - Mini corn dogs and hot pretzel bites
May 18 - Italian Cheese and Garlic cheesy pull apart
May 19 - Cheesy flatbread
May 20 - Salisbury steak with gravy
May 21 - Pizza dippers
May 24 - hot dog
May 25 - French toast sticks
May 26 - hamburger
May 27 - NO LUNCH, early dismissal
May 28 - rotini with meat sauce
May 31 - NO SCHOOL, Memorial Day
June 1 - Italian Cheese & Garlic Cheesy Pull Aparts
June 2 - Cheese Pizza
June 3 - Chicken Nuggets
June 4 - Nacho Combo
June 7 - NO HOT LUNCH
June 8 - NO HOT LUNCH
* Menu subject to change
May 19 - 8th grade Ribbon Ceremony 8:30AM
May 27 - Early Dismissal
May 31 - NO SCHOOL, Memorial Day
June 1 - Last day of school for 8th grade
June 1 - 8th grade Graduation at DI 6 PM
June 8 - Last day of school dismissal at 1:30 PM
2021 Early dismissal dates:
Click here to subscribe to the weekly Newsletter from the Archdiocese of Chicago Catholic Schools Office
Phone Number for Extended Care (To call or text during extended care hours) 773-682-6196
Divine Providence Staff 2020-2021
Please CLICK HERE for the faculty for 2020-2021