Academy of Environmental Sciences
Where Wonders Grow
- We believe that all people deserved to feel safe, valued, and honored.
- We believe that all children are curious about the world around them.
- We believe that learning is a social process.
- We believe inquiry fosters a culture of wondering and questioning.
- We believe learning should be viewed from multiple perspectives.
- We believe in learning from authentic primary sources.
- We believe in encouraging learners to take risks.
- We believe that reflection should lead to change and growth.
- We believe that reflection should lead to social action.
- We believe that our actions should be aligned with our beliefs.
DFES Academic Goals 2014 - 2015
- Increase student math achievement
- Sustain and build upon student writing achievement
We are seeking to accomplish these goals by:
- Inquiring into writing engaging curriculum for and with students through environmental education
- Inquiring into instructional strategies
Our PTO sponsored holiday store was a success last week. We appreciate members of our PTO board and parent volunteers for their efforts.
Additional thanks to our itinerant and related areas teachers for their flexibility and willingness to make adjustments as well. The itinerants changed rooms to provide a location for the holiday store.
Monday, Dec. 8th, 8am to Friday, Dec. 12th, 2pm
Winter MAP testing for us will begin this week. Please refer to the emails sent from B. Jackson regarding the schedule for the week.
Our interventionists will use this information to determine spring intervention services for students. 1st-5th grade teams will meet with us next week to analyze results, determine priorities, and identify strategies to further meet the needs of students.