The New York Local News
The murder in Greenwich village apartments By Michael Nuncio
Greenwich Village, New York 1954
L.B. Jefferies was the witness who helped us on this case. If it wasn't for him no one would have know Mrs. Thorwald was dead.
What made you relies that something was wrong across the neighborhood Jeff?
"Well, one night I heard a loud scream from their apartment and when I looked out the window they were fighting. After that night I haven't seen Mrs. Thorwald since, so it just caught my attention."
Feminism In The 1950's
- Woman are always talking about clothes or jewelry.
- We see it as men working and bringing home the money, while the woman stay home, cook and clean.
- When we think of women one of the main things that pops up is all the gossip going on. Men don't really care about all that stuff, but woman can gossip all day.
In the 1950's
- Woman have always been about their fashion and will always be that way. They need to be looking good 24/7.
- Woman want marriage and would go great distances to be in love. For example, they would give up their job to be with someone.
- Woman didn't really have much of a role and couldn't do most of the things men could do like work, vote. Their word didn't really have a say so in anything.
Men should just focus on work. All woman do is nag and talk about fashion. He wasn't ready to be with Lisa and felt as if she was to good for him.
In Lisa's world woman could be represented as a weak and need men. But towards the end of them film some could argue that she was the main character.
She was shown as an independent woman and a great housewife. She took care of Jeff and loved her husband very much.
Men are stronger and more controlling over women. He sees woman as weak and useless individuals.
Det. Thomas Doyle
He sees woman as sexual objects and nothing else. He doesn't consider what they have to say. He sees men higher than woman and they are not equal.
Miss Lonelyhearts sees men as controlling and all they want is to use them. She's a dependent woman who is just trying to find the perfect man.