An Interview With Mrs. Sengsouvanh
An Adventure Through Teaching
Who is Mrs. Sengsouvanh?
This will be her 9th year teaching high school dance and directing a dance team and her 3rd year at Elgin High School. Her dance team, The Purple Diamonds, have impacted Elgin ISD greatly!
Her family is her everything and are the ones who help her stay up. She has two daughters, Tylee and Rylee, and her husband.
Ready to shine bright
The Purple Diamonds at the Elgin High School prep-ally.
Mrs. Sengsouvanh's family
Not only are her two daughters and husband her family, but her dance team, The Purple Diamonds, grew to be her family too!
The Purple Diamonds' last day at line camp!
Mrs. Sengsouvanh's Teaching
- Classes taught
- Description of the classroom environment
- Noisy (music)
- Teaching strategies used
- Work as a team
- Treat each other like family (respect each other)
- Don't stress, just have fun!
- Hours per week
- 60-70 hours per week, including Saturdays.
- Biggest challenges
- Students with smart attitude
- Showing them that dance is rewarding and fun
- Biggest rewards
- When her dance students get a dance down after they said they couldn't do it!
- Self-motivation needed
- You need complete self-motivation in this job.