Carter's Classroom Corner
Connecting classroom and home
September 5, 2015
Five Fabulous Days!
- Practiced handwriting strokes and properly writing our vowels and some numerals;
- Counted and practiced 'cross counting' individually and with friends;
- Built 'stamina' for Reader's Workshop in Reading to Self;
- Learned to use Wikki Stix for Reader's Workshop in Working With Words;
- Practiced following our classroom rules and 'listening and obeying' to honor God;
- Played a name game and graphed the letters in our names for Math;
- Learned to use finger spaces between words when writing a sentence;
- Practiced 'special sounds' of short a, e, i, o and u;
- Read some great books!
- Learned to work in cooperative groups to reach a goal and win a prize! (Hooray for the Green Group, who won the competition this week!)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LYLA!
Upcoming Events for Your Calendar
Sept 7 - No School (Labor Day)
Sept 9 - PICTURE DAY - Bring your smile to school! School picture will be taken in uniform. You may bring a change of clothes if you would like a seasonal fall picture.
Sept 25 - PARENT/TEACHER CONFERENCES - No school - Limited Day Camp - $25 for 1st child (8:00 a.m. to 4:00) $12 for each sibling
LETTERS TO SIGN UP FOR A TIME WILL COMING HOME NEXT WEEK!
Sept 26 - CONSIGNMENT/YARD SALE ABCA FUNDRAISER - Good time to clean out your basement or garage to donate for our sale. Thank you for your participation in this first time event for ABCA. We are going to need help from everyone to make this successful.