TEKS Resource System
Region 17 Education Service Center
What is the TEKS Resource System?
The Texas Curriculum Management Program Cooperative, or TCMPC, is a shared service agreement between the 20 Educational Service Centers (ESCs) in Texas. This shared service agreement, or SSA, allows participating ESCs to share responsibility for the management and operations of the online curriculum management system known as the TEKS Resource System.
The TCMPC reflects the combined effort of the ESCs to help schools improve student performance and operate more efficiently and cost-effectively.
A Note for Administrators
If you need any help, contact the TEKS Resource System Help Desk (1-800-544-3483 or email@example.com.
New to the System?
If you do not see the email after your administrator sends it to you, check your Junk Email folder.
Content Areas: Workshops and Updates
All workshops are math-specific, but not all workshops are TEKS Resource System based.
There are NEW math documents located in the Resources folder of each mathematics grade level.
The Backward Design Document for each grade level is a single document that condenses major curriculum elements into an easily viewable grid. This document demonstrates the alignment of Overarching and Unit Understandings and Questions with Performance Assessments by unit. This "big picture" can contribute to a teacher's understanding of the course structure. It prints best on 8.5"x14" paper (legal-size).
There are also Grade Band Concepts Charts for K - 5 Mathematics, K - 5 Matemáticas, 6 - 8 Mathematics, and HS Mathematics. Each grade level chart is a collection of overarching-level concepts (macro) and unit-level concepts (micro) related to the strands of the TEKS.
Note, Backward Design Document and Concept Charts are now published for Social Studies and Mathematics, with Science coming soon and ELA coming with new standards
- English version of "Engaging Literature for the Elementary Science Classroom" is published in the K-5 Resources Section for both Science and Ciencias.
- Science Concept Charts (K-5, 6-8, Biology, IPC, Chemistry, and Physics)-found in the respective Resource sections.
- Vertical Alignment of Science Vocabulary and Vertical Alignment of Ciencias Vocabulary
- Vertical Alignment of Science Equipment
- Science STAAR Analysis Resources: Grade 5, 8, and Biology
- Science Formative Items: Available in the Assessment Creator
- NEW: Backward Design Documents
- Streamlining Quick Guide
- YAG Revisions for Forensic Science
- Updated TEKS Clarification Document
- Reformatted IFDs with added Resources
- Updated Science Notebooking Manuals
- Updated Engaging Literature for the Elementary Science Classroom
- IN DRAFT: Aquatic Science, Astronomy, & Earth Space Science- YAGS & TCDs are in the Resource Section for each course.
- Middle School (6-8) Formative Assessment Items
- Forensic Science Unit Assessment items
- Unit Assessment Items: ongoing development (Grades 2-12) and adding higher cognitive levels
All workshops are science-specific, but not all workshops are TEKS Resource System based.
Social Studies Update:
NEW Social Studies Resource- Using an Understandings-Based Curriculum:
In this document, learn how to apply each element of the social studies curriculum components to daily planning and classroom instruction. Along with a deep dive into curriculum elements, this resource includes a survey of all social studies resources, connections to professional organizations, and a selected list of education research that supports the structure of the social studies curriculum. A link to the resource will be viewable from the resources section of each grade level as well as embedded in the system resources element of every IFD.
All workshops are social studies-specific, but not all workshops are TEKS Resource System based.
Kyna Wheeler (K-3)- firstname.lastname@example.org
Jerard Lafuente (4-8) - email@example.com,
Greg Reeves (High School) - firstname.lastname@example.org.
YAGs (Year At a Glance) are now live and linked to the IFDs. (10/18/19)
Every unit title on the YAG is not "clickable" as some of the IFDs have not yet been published. As those IFDs are published, the links on the YAG will become live and linked. Those unpublished IFDs can still be found in the Resources Section.
2019-2020 Draft Curriculum Documents and Resources are Posted!
New Curriculum Documents (PDF)
- K-8 TEKS Clarification Document
- K-8 TEKS Verification Document
- K-8 Instructional Focus Documents (Live and PDF)
New Curriculum Resources:
- TEKS Verification Document (TVD) Categories
- Concepts Chart K-8
- Vertical Alignment (6wk & 9wk versions)
Grade 2 ELAR Phonics Scope and Sequence (1st Semester) Posted
The addition of the Phonics Scope and Sequence has caused minor changes to the YAG, TVD, and IFDs. Those changes can be found in the Revisions section on the Home Page.
Where Are my New ELAR Curriculum Documents?
These can be found in K-8 ELAR through the Quick Search on the TEKS Resource System home page. Type in your Grade Level and English Language Arts and Reading. Select "Resources" from the menu. The 2019-2020 New Curriculum Documents and 2019-2020 New Curriculum Resources will be at the top of the list.
New! Kindergarten-8th Grade IFDs are going live.
If you can not find your Instructional Focus Document (IFD) in the Resources section, it has gone live. You can find this by entering your grade level and ELAR in the Quick Search. Then select the Instructional Focus Document folder. These will continue to roll out as they go live. As the final IFD from each grade level goes live, the Year At a Glance (YAG) will also go live.
All workshops are ELAR-specific, but not all workshops are TEKS Resource System based.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Getting Started
- Video Tutorials
- System Management
- Curriculum & Resources
- System Tools
- TCMPC Videos
- Frequently Asked Questions.
Tools to Use:
Year At A Glance Planner- This interactive planner helps you map out each six-week period. Adjust your instructional time according to the events occurring at your campus and district.