Raureka School Term 3 Week 4
Newsletter 18 August 2021
Kia ora koutou katoa, Talofa lava, Kia orana,
You are all aware that we are now in Alert Level 4 Lockdown.
Teachers are working hard to prepare online programmes for you to access, these can be done via Seesaw. Teachers will contact you to help you access this.
Lets hope we have a very short lockdown and the outbreak is stopped quickly.
Congratulations to our Juniors who had their Enduro Run on Monday. They had so much fun and it looked as though everyone enjoyed it. A huge thanks to all of the parents and supporters who came to watch them run. See some photos of the event below.
The meeting with Murray Gadd has been cancelled because of the change to Alert Level 4, we will hopefully have another time organised before the end of the year.
Our school production is well underway now and classes are starting to put their performances together. The children are so excited and can't wait to perform for everyone.
Our Year 6 children spent the day at Heretaunga Intermediate on Monday looking at the programmes they will be offering for them next year.
The Year 6's will visit Hastings Intermediate next Monday so they can have a taster of what Intermediate will be like.
Our Senior Rooms 1, 2, 4, 5, 11 & 19 will be having their Cross Country event next Wednesday- depending on our Alert levels. The cross country will be run at St Leonards Park with the first race starting around 9:30 after all the Seniors walk to the park. Parents are most welcome to come and cheer the children on.
A huge thanks to all of parents who have supported our teams acting as coaches or managers. Our netball, hockey and rugby teams have benefited from your support this winter. I appreciate all that you do as you have enabled our children to take part in these sports. We have had times in the past where we can'y get enough support and the teams can't be entered. Thanks again for your ongoing support.
Hockey draw this week: At this stage this won't go ahead unless we get clearance on Friday- please look at the HBHockey website for any updates
Raureka Tui play Te Mata at 8:40 on Field 1B
Raureka Kowhai play Pukehamoamoa at 10:20 on Field 1D
Please meet with your team at least 10 minutes before the game starts. This is the last game of the season. A huge thanks to both Anita and James for your support throughout the season.
- Please remember that classes start at 8:55 a.m. each day and all children should be at school, unless they are sick, ready to start then.
- Children are required to wear our correct Raureka School uniform - no exceptions. Royal blue polo-shirt $30, royal blue polar-fleece $40 are both available from the office. Shorts, skorts, skirts, longs must be plain black and can be purchased in town.
- Please remember that in case of an emergency we need to have an up to date contact number for you and for your emergency contact person, also a current address - Please let the office know of any changes.
Our four values are :
Respect/Whakaute, Responsibility/Haepapa, Resilience/Pakari, Relationships/Whanaungatanga.
This week we are focusing on - Relationships/Whanaungatanga, - which means, interacting in a caring, respectful way to develop positive connections.
Expected behaviour for this week: leading others by helping.
Our value for Week 3 was ...
Whanaungatanga / Relationships
Raureka Kowhai played Poukawa and lost 1-0.
Players of the day were Kooper and Olivia.
Raureka Tuis played Mahora and lost 8-4.
Players of the day were Nalisha and Freddie.
Hello Room 19- what have you got to share with us this week?
Junior Enduro Run
5 Yr Old Boys
1st Hudson, 2nd Zach, 3rd Declan
5 Yr Old Girls
1st Harlow, 2nd Georgia, 3rd Emma
6 Yr Old Boys
1st Jayton, 2nd Henry, 3rd Charlie
6 Yr Old Girls
1st= Meila and Ruby, 2nd Sari, 3rd Vai
7 Yr Old Boys
1st James, 2nd Bowan, 3rd Cooper
7 Yr Old Girls
1st Preea, 2nd Pippa, 3rd Azaria
8 Yr Old Boys
1st Bryden, 2nd Cooper, 3rd Kyron
8 Yr Old Girls
1st Meila, 2nd Rylww-Mei, 3rd Isabella
Last week a group of girls arranged for a quick fundraiser to support the SPCA. They sold drinks, cookies and cup cakes and they raised over $200 for them. Well done girls, I am proud of your efforts. The SPCA appreciate your support
- Thurs August 19 - Parent evening with Murray Gadd about Writing (postponed)
- Mon August 23 - Yr 6 Hastings Int visit- unsure if this will go ahead
- Wed August 25 - School Cross Country
- Fri 27 August Teacher Only Day- No School
- Tues August 31- Ready for Raureka
- Thurs 2 September - Barefoot 7's
- Wed 8 September- Yr 6 Tohea Trophy
- Tues 14 September Ready for Raureka
- Tues. 28 September - School Production - matinee & evening shows
- Last Day Term 3 - Fri. - October 1 Mufti Day (School Closes at 2.55)
- First Day Term 4 - Mon. - October 18 (School Opens at 8.55)
- Mon 22 Nov Teacher Only Day- No School
- Last Day of 2021 - Wed. Dec. 15 (School closes at 12.30)
School Uniform – this is compulsory. No exceptions.
All children are required to have the school royal blue polo-shirt, royal blue hat, and on colder days the royal blue polar fleece jersey. All of these are available at the school office.
The lower half of the uniform (short, longs, skorts, skirts) must be plain black and can be purchased in town No stripes, no flowers etc, can
be purchased in town.
· Do your child’s records need updating?
- moved house?
- phone/cellphone numbers changed?
- living arrangements changed?
- emergency contacts changed?
- medical details?
We often have a few ‘bugs’ around the school.
· A common one is a nasty cough/flu type illness. Keep your children home if they have symptoms of this as it spreads easily.
· If your child has had vomiting or diarrhoea, they MUST stay home for 2 days after the last event. This illness definitely spreads quickly around the school.
· Headlice are always around so make sure that you check your child’s hair regularly (we suggest weekly) and treat the hair if necessary. We have treatments available from school for free. Just pop in and we can give you some.
· If your child is at all unwell, please keep them home so that they don’t pass bugs on to other children. Also if a child is feeling unwell they are not able to learn easily and are much better off at home snuggled up in bed.
Don’t forget to contact the school office to let us know when your child is unwell please.
Volunteers needed for supervision of our school patrollers. The children are well trained, it is just a matter of having an adult supervise from 8.30-9.00. We need help on the following days - Front Gate: Wednesday, Friday, Back Gate: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday.
Orders close Thursday 26th of August.
These make fantastic Christmas presents and the money raised will help our school.