Because YOU are enough just the way YOU are!
Don't let April "fool" YOU!
Geologists Day is April 2nd!
April 10th is Encourage a Child Writer Day!
1. Read, read, read!-- It helps you to learn how easy it can be to write and gives you ideas! (Remember, it has to be YOUR own writing though, no plagiarism!)
2. Now write, write, write! Let YOUR pencil "talk" for YOU! Just start writing, and "say" whatever comes into YOUR mind. Later YOU can revise YOUR masterpiece until YOU have written it to YOUR liking!
3. Look around YOU! Start big, and write what you see. Then try writing smaller.... not as in small print, but write just about one thing YOU see. Can YOU describe how it feels, looks, smells, sounds, or tastes? Focusing on one small part with great detail will help YOU become a better writer!
Passover is coming up!
Good Friday is around the corner!
- El Salvador – Artists create alfombra de asserin (sawdust rugs) using colored sawdust. The artwork depicts a variety of scenes or patterns in honor of Good Friday.
- London – Reenacts the crucifixion as a passion play. The performance is free to the public.
- Ireland – Eggs are marked with a holy cross and are then eaten on Easter Sunday.
- Israel – Christians walk in Jesus’s footsteps in Jerusalem where he was crucified.
Easter Sunday is arriving!
Easter is the most important holiday in the Christian faith as that is when Christians celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Eggs are a symbol of rebirth and fertility dating back thousands of years across many cultures. But why an Easter bunny then? Well, immigrants, who settled in the Dutch Pennsylvania countryside, brought the tradition of the Osterhase or Easter Hare who would lay its colorful eggs in nests prepared by children, to the United States in the 18th-century. This is why many children will hunt for colored eggs and take pictures with the Easter Bunny to celebrate each year!
YOU can enjoy all these great foods this month!
1st Sourdough Day-- YOU can pile a slice with fresh veggies and cheese and heat it in the oven!
2nd PB & J Day-- Grab YOUR favorite Jelly or Jam and spread creamy or crunchy for a kid favorite!
3rd Chocolate Mousse Day-- Not Bullwinkle, more like pudding with a light, airy feel!
6th Burrito Day-- Chile relleno, bean, meat & potato, egg…. YOUR possibilities are endless!
12th Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day-- YOU can try cheddar, American, swiss, or even gouda
--I hear it's 'very gouda!!"
13th Peach Cobbler Day-- If YOU haven't had it, YOU'RE missing out!
14th Pecan Day--YOUR favorite nut can be a healthy and fun snack!
17th Crawfish Day-- Did YOU know this is also called a "Crawdaddy"?
18th Animal Cracker Day-- Which will YOU choose: "Lions, & tigers & bears, oh my!"
22nd Jelly Bean Day-- There are officially 50 flavors for YOU to choose from!
23rd Cherry Cheesecake Day-- This may not be the top favorite, but YOU can still enjoy it!
24th Pigs in a Blanket Day--YOU can celebrate with crescent rolls and wieners!
26th Pretzel Day-- Twisted, rings, sticks, rods--YOU name it, they are delish!
27th Gummi Bear Day-- or YOU can enjoy worms, fruit shapes, sharks, flowers, hearts, and more!
29th Shrimp Scampi Day-- Hmmm 'scampi' means shrimp, so basically if YOU say 'Shrimp Scampi" YOU are being redundant!
30th Bubble Tea Day-- What better way for YOU to welcome May than with a refreshing bursting bubble?
Arbor Day, Earth Day, April Fools Day all happen this month!
Every child counts!
Celebrate YOUR family dynamic!
Be the best YOU!
Don't know how to start to settle YOUR difference?....Just be honest about how you feel to clear the air.
Honesty Day is April 30th.
What do Taxes, Work, and Volunteering have in common?
National Tax Day is April 15th.... but sometimes its a few days later because its a weekend or the 17th when Washington D.C. closes up shop!
Go find out what Mom & Dad really do at work all day
.....Take YOUR child to work day is April 27th!
Do YOU know someone who volunteers their time? Be sure to celebrate them on Volunteer Recognition Day, April 20th!
Get Outside YOU!
Do YOU love animals and walking?
Do YOU want to learn how easy it can be to grow a garden?
Click here to learn how to get started with container gardening! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1eXnlzXdBE
You should pack a picnic!
Prefer a more traditional snack for a lunchtime picnic? Try these Pizza Pinwheels https://rufflesandrainboots.com/pizza-pinwheels-sandwiches/