Dynamic Broncos Weekly Update
April 27th - May 1st
It is hard to believe we are in our final weeks of school! Third graders will be working hard over these next five weeks. But we will also be balancing our hard work with lots of fun! Here are some important dates to add to your calendars:
Thursday, April 30th - Dynamic Broncos Poem in Your Pocket Day
Sunday, May 3rd - Concert for Financial Aid
Monday, May 4th - 9:45am Late Start
Wednesday, May 6th - Field Trip to see a performance of Peter Pan at the Upper School
Wednesday, May 13th - Third Grade Field Trip to the Blanton Museum
Saturday, May 16th - Diversity Dash, 5K, Upper School
Tuesday, May 26th - Third Grade End of Year Party
Thursday, May 28th - Field Day
Thursday is Poem in Your Pocket Day! Please help your child choose a poem and practice reading it to share with the class on Thursday.
We have been learning from authors of nonfiction books, but in our next unit of study in Writing Workshop, the Dynamic Broncos will become authors of their own information texts! Tonight, third graders will brainstorm up to ten "expert" topics. They will choose one of these as a topic for their information books.
- Readers continue to build their stamina and shape their reading lives by reading, logging and jotting nightly. Readers should be jotting 1-2 thoughtful ideas each night. Please check in with your child to be sure they are completing their nightly reading assignments.
- Due Monday: 35 - 40 minutes of Dreambox. Rather than assigning levels, this week we will aim for minutes spent on Dreambox.
- Expert Topic list due tomorrow (Tuesday).
- Select and practice a poem to share on Thursday.
- Vocabulary Assessment on Wednesday, May, 6th.