2016 January/February Newsletter
FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION ...
Please be sure you know the financial aid deadlines for your perspective colleges. Please see your counselor if you have any questions regarding financial aid (www.fafsa.ed.gov).
- Remember, there will be a Statewide Student Financial Aid Day on February 20th at SUNY Adirondack. The program will run from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm and will provide assistance with FAFSA on the web completion. Please learn more by visiting www.suny.edu/studentevents. Registration can also take place by calling: 1 (800)-342-3811.
Scholarships, Scholarships, and MORE Scholarships ...
Buick Achievers Scholarship Program: Eligible applicants must be seniors who plan to enroll full time at a four-year college or university during the 2016-2017 school year. Applicants must also plan to major in a specified course of study that focuses on engineering, technology or design, with a focus on the automotive industry. More information and the application is available online at: www.buickachievers.com. Deadline: February 29, 2016
The Upper Hudson River Valley Branch of the Quality Deer Management: (second and final reminder) Eligible applicants must have knowledge of QDMA and be accepted into a degree granting institution. Preference will be given to those who plan to study Environmental or Agricultural Sciences (although all majors are encouraged to apply). Deadline: February 1, 2016
American Society of Civil Engineers: Eligible applicant must be a graduating senior who plans to continue his/her education with the goal of becoming a civil engineer. Application is available in the Counseling Office. Deadline: March 18, 2016
Zonta Club of Glens Falls: Various scholarships will be awarded based on academic achievement, community/school participation, and post-secondary plans. All applications must be submitted online at: www.zontadistrict2.org/glensfalls. Please also find more information at this website.
Adirondack Paralegal Scholarship Program: Eligible applicant must be a senior who pursues further education in an accredited vocation or academic program. Applications will be reviewed on the basis of service to ones community, academic achievement, financial need, and personal goals. Applications are available in the Counseling Office. Deadline: March 1, 2016
Laziali Nel Mondo of the Capital District, Inc. Scholarship: Eligible applicants must be high school seniors of Italian decent (at least one Italian ancestor) and be participating in a class dealing with Latin or Latin Culture. Application is available in the Counseling Office. Deadline: March 31, 2016.
Local Corinth Central School Scholarship/Awards: Reminder, applications for the following scholarships will be available in the Counseling Office starting on February 1st! Applications must be completed and returned to Mrs. Bills in order to be eligible for an award:
- Corinth All Sports Booster Club Scholarship: awarded to two seniors who have committed involvement in the interscholastic sports program and exhibit good sportsmanship. Applications must be returned to Mrs. Bills by March 15, 2016.
- Bert Mahoney Scholarship: given to a college-bound senior based on good moral character, financial need, and scholarship. This award is renewable up to a maximum of four years. Please return the application to Mrs. Bills by April 1, 2016.
- Southern Adirondack Substitute Teacher Alliance: awarded to a graduating senior entering a two or four-year college who plans to major in education. Applicants must write a 250 word essay explaining their desire to enter the field of education. Applications must be returned to Mrs. Bills by March 20, 2016.
- Dudely & Rita Ward Memorial Award: awarded to a senior who has demonstrated service to the community and who best represents in an essay the "Importance of Tradition and Family Values." Students must complete an application, along with the essay. Please return application to Mrs. Bills by March 20, 2016.
- Drama Club Scholarship: awarded to one or more seniors who have been active in Drama Club for at least two years and who have plans to participate in a theater program in college. An application with an essay stating his/her plans for such a program is required. Application must be returned by March 20, 2016 to Mrs. Bills.
- Corinth National Honor Society Scholarship: awarded to a senior or seniors who is (are) a member(s) of the National Honor Society and exhibit, to an exceptional degree, the qualities of scholarship, leadership, service, and character. Application must be returned to Mrs. Bills by April 1, 2016.