PEEK OF THE WEEK
COOPER UPPER ELEMENTARY
UPCOMING EVENTS - OUR BIG ROCKS
- 1/22-2/9 Current 5th grade students : Little Caesar's Pizza Kit Fundraiser
- 2/8 Cooper Fun - Parent Night Out 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM (more information to come)
- 2/10 Cooper PTA MSU vs Michigan
Click on products, then shop. Select your preferred shipping method. Enter the fundraiser ID 335022
Student Lighthouse Candy Grams
The Student Lighthouse Team will be running a fundraiser over the next two weeks. They will be selling “Candy Grams". They will be Heart-Shaped Swirl Lollipops and they may be purchased for friends in other classes. Here are the specifics:
• Sale runs Tuesday, January 30 – Monday, February 12
- Cost is $1.00 per sucker
- Students will receive a Candy Gram tag for every $1 they give to their Lighthouse rep.
- Delivery of suckers will be on Tuesday, February 14. Each class will have a grocery bag containing suckers with tags on them.
- Tags will only have to, from, and teacher name. No personal messages are allowed.
- Suckers are not to be eaten at school. They MUST be taken home for consumption!
- Funds raised will go toward student-initiated events like Movie Night, an assembly or other student-centered items or activities..
Parent Night Out
Parent Night Out
Enjoy an evening out while your child enjoys a night full of fun, food, and activities with staff.
Cooper Upper Elementary
Thursday, February 8th
$12 (includes pizza/drink)*
and more . . .
------------------------------------------------------------------------------Please RSVP with payment, by Tuesday, February 6th.
The first 15 to respond receive a gift card to Applebees or Outback Steakhouse!!
Student Name _____________________________________
Parent Name ______________________________________
Phone Number** ____________________________________
*Money will go towards books for classrooms.
**School policy and expectations still stand.
BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND CALENDAR
- 2/13 Skate Night (PInk Out)
- 2/14 Count Day at Cooper
- 2/11-2/15 Variety Show Auditions
- 2/19 Mid Winter Break
- 2/20 PTA 6:30 @ Cooper LMC
- 2/21 PTA Founders Day 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- 2/22 Field Trip for McGlinch, Daraskavich, Erickson, Lietz and Inks
- 2/28 1/2 day for students
Youth Making a Difference
Youth Making a Difference is a program that encourages and recognizes volunteer efforts by K-12 students. Some students visit senior citizens, help collect money for the Livonia Goodfellows, or rake leaves at their schools. Other activities include school or community projects. Livonia PTSA Council recognizes the efforts of these students at the annual Youth Making a Difference celebration.
For more information about Youth Making A Difference at Cooper, please contact Committee Chair Wendy Martin at email@example.com.
Commitment forms Due: February 16, 2018
Completed Projects Due: March 16, 2018
2018 YMAD celebration will be held:
Tuesday April 24, 2018
Franklin High School