4th Grade News
April 4-8, 2016
The 4th graders worked hard this week on our informative writing prompt! I think I will see a lot of growth from last time. It was a quick week for me, I go out of town tomorrow, which is why I am sending the newsletter early this week. Please remind your child to be on their best behavior for the substitute. Also, please keep your eyes open at home as a white iPod is missing. If you see it please return it to school. Thanks!
In math this week we learned about measurement, length, capacity, weight, and converting between units of measurement.
Reading and Writing
In reading we continued with Shiloh and discussed theme, and the different types of conflict in stories. We also discussed the events of a story as a mountain and were able to discuss Shiloh in small groups. In writing we worked on the informational prompt as well as wrote a short report about Walt Disney.
We continued our discussion about child labor this week and wrapped up our Progressive Unit talking about Muckrakers and how laws were changed during the Progressive Era. Don't forget the tenement project is due this Friday!
- Please read and sign your child's agenda daily.
- Read and Feed (20 minutes of reading a night) are due on Friday.
- Spelling homework is due every Friday.
Dates to Remember
- Friday, April 8th- Tenement project due
- Wednesday, April 13th- Early dismissal 1:30
- Tuesday, April 19th-PTA Family Swim Night-Jefferson 6-8
- Thursday, April 21st- Spring Concert, 6:30 at Wilson