By: Ryan Pham
I am a student at a middle school and we have a thing called CAT chat that we do every Monday. The purpose of CAT chat is to raise bully awareness and tell us what to do if we come across a bully or how to report it. I think CAT chat is a good thing to have at schools because bully awareness is something every school should have.
Tips and Facts
Tips for internet use
- You should never give out your password.
- You should never give anyone your personal information.
- You shouldn't share other people's personal information also.
- You should only add people on social media if you know them in real life.
- Don't agree to meet someone you met online without parental approval.
- Always report Cyber Bullying to the police or if it someone at school your school.
Facts about Cyber Bullying
- 43% of people that have been bullied were cyber bullied.
- The majority of teens think cyber bullying is a big problem.
- People that are cyber bullied are 2 to 9 times more likely to suicide.
- 1 out of 10 people don't report being cyber bullied.
- A lot of people think that cyber bullying is easier to get away with compared to bullying someone face to face.
- Girls are more likely to cyber bully someone than boys.