Parent Blast - September 27, 2021
If your child is required to quarantine we will be providing some learning opportunities via Google Classroom. All of your children will be loaded into and have access to Google Classroom by the end of this week.
When your child is required to quarantine, they will have access to the following:
- Links to our adaptive online programs in their Google Classroom - Wonders for reading/writing, Freckle for math
- Access to recorded or broadcast lessons.
- Access to essential activities in Google Classroom. You can expect a minimum of one math and one language arts activity to be posted each week.
- Recorded lessons are core content lessons (math, content and language arts) that the teacher will record and post in Google Classroom at the end of the day.
- Broadcasted lessons are core content lessons (math, content and language arts) that students can access in real time. Broadcast lessons are not livestream. Students will be able to log in to Google Meet and listen/watch the lesson but will not be interacting with the teacher.
- Each teacher will chose which method (recorded or broadcast) will work best for their students, classroom, and themselves and will communicate their method via the Quarantine Schedule posted on their Google Classroom. Please see below for an example of both schedules.
- Mrs. Lentz will be coordinating quarantine instruction, so if you have any questions or concerns, please reach out.
Students that are absent but not quarantined may access the materials posted on GC. We will not be broadcasting or recording for excused or unexcused absences beyond quarantine.
COVID Case Protocols
Below you will find the link to last week's principal chat focused on systems. In the chat we discussed the process for a COVID positive case. Here are the steps we take once a case is confirmed:
- Contact tracing at school, information provided to our nurse/Washington County
- Class "heads up" letter sent home, letting families know there is a positive case in their child's class
- Close contacts are contacted directly and will need to quarantine
REVIEW: Attendance Line
Huge thank you to our families for calling students in sick on our attendance line and sharing symptoms. This has helped us to communicate with families regarding timelines for return and kept our building safe and healthy. If you have not done so already, we encourage you to save our attendance line number in your phone: 503.844.1385
Here to serve,
Principal, Patterson Elementary
- October 5th - Vision Screening
- October 22nd - Picture Day
Principal Chat Recording
In case you missed our first principal chat last Thursday, here is the link to the recording.
Calling all Skilled Chess Players!
If volunteers are able to return to the building this Fall, we would like to hold Chess Club! We are in need of a volunteer who is skilled in chess and able to lead our advanced room. Chess club would be held on Tuesdays, after school 2:35-3:15, until Christmas break.
If you are interested or have additional questions please outreach to firstname.lastname@example.org.
M.A.G.I.C - Positive Recognition System
REVIEW: Booster Club News
REVIEW: Century Health Clinic
REVIEW: School Improvement Plan (SIP)
Here are some ways you can support your child at home:
Goal 1: Language & Speaking
- Ask your child what they learned at school and what activities they completed
- Use open-ended questions (What was your favorite part? What was a hard part? Tell me more).
- Avoid yes/no questions to encourage more language use.
- Celebrate the use of new vocabulary words
Goal 2: Writing
- Provide your child with opportunities to write (letter to grandparents or friends, shopping list, notes back and forth between family members, journals)
- For younger children, encourage pictures and letters or pictures and words; avoid spelling for your child and instead sound out words asking them to write the letters for the sounds they hear.
Goal 3: Culturally Responsive Education
- Talk with your child about your family culture - what is important to you?
- Encourage your child to share their language, family recipes/foods and family history
Due to frequent changes in supply, our menu is subject to change. You can view the weekly planned menu here: https://family.titank12.com/menu/ERRCAH?lang=English