Mrs. Frobig's Weekly Update
August 17, 2015
Focus Skill this Week: Insect Expo Research
- Collecting Information from Different Sources
- Compare and Contrast Insects
Skills Being Reviewed:
- Activating prior knowledge by previewing the headings in a nonfiction text.
- Using text features effectively.
Focus Skill this Week: Decoding Multi-Syllablic Words: Middle consants
- Rule - Each syllable contains only one vowel sound.
- Syllable Division Rule for Double Consonants - divide the word between the double consonants (example: pump/kin)
- Syllables that make a short vowel sound are called closed vowels.
Unit of Study: Insects
- We are finishing up our research, and begining to make our final copies for our project boards that will be on display during the Expo. Later this week, students will begin assembling their project boards!
The Kona Ice truck will be back at Stonegate this year on the last student day (June 1). A bright orange half-sheet of paper went home with the kids today with more information. Please note that there are two different days mentioned on the sheet. Kona Ice will be at Stonegate on Monday, June 1st. If your child is interested in purchasing a kona ice, please send money in an envelope along with the size you want them to purchase. I've included a picture to give you an idea of the sizes. The only size not pictured is the "Kiddie Kona."