Spradley Elementary Weekly Information Guide
Date: July 25, 2021
It is hard to believe that it is time for our Back to School Edition of our Spradley Newsletter. I hope your summer has been spent making memories, relaxing, and living everyday to its' fullest. While some may not be quite ready for all of the "Back to School" activities, there really is nothing quite like preparing for a new school year. Each year is another opportunity for us to be better than we were the last, another opportunity for us to connect with our students and families, and another opportunity to provide our Spradley community with an exceptional educational experience. Join us this year as we "Connect, Create, and Celebrate". Below is all the information you will need as you prepare for the first day of school. We are here if you have any questions, and we can't wait to greet you all as you walk through our doors in August. Our goal here at Spradley is to keep you as informed as possible. If we ever fall short of that, please don't hesitate to reach out.
Thank you for your partnership.
Dr. LaShawn Nashville Hodge
Spradley Elementary Principal
To read more about Dr. Hodge and her family, please click here.
START OF SCHOOL UPDATES
Treat and Tour for new and previous virtual students only
Wednesday, Aug. 4th, 8:30am
11411 Leona Street
I know many of you are new to our campus and there are many that are returning students, but have been virtual and have never physically seen our beautiful school. Well, the wait is over! Our doors will be open on August 4th for you to stop by, pick up your treat, and tour the campus. This is not Open House and teachers will not be available. This is an opportunity for you to acclimate your family with the layout of the building and see the wonderful learning environment that has been created. Please arrive promptly at 8:30am or 2:30pm.
Meet the Teacher
Meet the Teacher
- Kinder only Meet the Teacher will be on Thursday, August 5th from 5:30-6:30pm. Door will open promptly at 5:30pm.
- Students (1st-5th grade) and their families are welcome to Meet the Teacher on Monday, August 9th from 6:00-7:30pm. Doors will open promptly at 6:00pm.
Who Will My Child's Teacher Be?
- On Sunday, August 8th you will receive an email from our registrar department. This email will provide instructions for how to log into your student’s Skyward account. If you are returning, your previous login will be the same. Once logged in, you will be able to access your student’s schedule with teacher’s name.
Stay Connected through PTO
- Spradley has a thriving PTO and we need your partnership to continue to support our school. PTO provides support towards Spirit Wear, Trunk or Treat, Teacher Appreciation, and campus beautification projects just to name a few. Please visit the PTO table during Meet the Teacher or click on the link at the bottom of the newsletter to join this organization.
Back to School
First Week of School
You will be able to walk your student to their classroom for the first week of school (August 11th-13th). Students will then go to their assigned area in the morning starting Monday, August 16th. We ask that you allow your child to walk themselves to their morning area to help promote independence.
If you will be purchasing personal supplies, please use the Spradley School supply list as your guide. Please bring your supplies to Meet the Teacher.
You can view the school supply list by using the following link.
- Kindergarten 10:00 – 10:30
- First Grade 10:30 - 11:00
- Second Grade 11:15 - 11:45
- Third Grade 11:45 – 12:15
- Fourth Grade 12:15 – 12:45
- Fifth Grade 12:45 - 1:15
How do I pay for lunches?
- Parents may pay for school lunches on-line by accessing the MySchoolBucks tab located on the Prosper ISD website
What if my child runs out of money?
- Students are allowed up to two (2) reimbursable meal charges at a time. When charges occur, a written notification to parents will be sent home. In the event that a child arrives without money and still maintains a current balance of two prior charges, a modified meal will be provided and additional charges will not be allowed until payment is received. (Modified meal: Sandwich and a fluid milk)
- Snack is daily and should be healthy in nature and non-messy. Please do not send snacks that require utensils or could cause a mess. If your child’s classroom is peanut free, the teacher will notify you.
- Snack time is designated within the day by the teacher. Students often eat their snack during work time.
Can I eat with my child?
- Parents may eat with their child during their specific lunchtime. As students get acclimated to returning to campus, parents will not be allowed to eat with their child until after Labor Day.
Other Helpful Links
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Arrival: The front and back doors will be propped open by a staff member. beginning at 7:15 until 7:45 am. Students will need to open and close their own car door.
Dismissal: Last names A-L will remain in the front car line and M-Z will remain in the back. Car riders will be dismissed from the classroom this year. You will be given a car tag with your family number on it. Unaccompanied Bike Riders & Walkers will exit on the East end of the building. Accompanied Walkers will exit on the West end of the building.
Walkers: Walkers MUST utilize the crosswalks with crossing guards.
K-1 students will not be allowed to walk home alone. If you would like your child to walk home with an older sibling and/or neighbor, please fill out a permission slip at Meet the Teacher. Parents picking up their student and walking home must have the school provided car tag.
Car Tags: Car tags will be provided on Meet the Teacher. Each family will receive two car tags. If you would like an additional car tag or lose one and would like to replace it, they will be available in the front office for purchase. Each car tag will have the students' last name and grade level.
Elementary Dress Code
- Students are encouraged to wear closed toe shoes with rubber soles every day. They play outside every day and PE requires closed toe shoes for safety. Flip Flops are discouraged as they can be a hazard on the playground and in the gym. Click here for the PISD elementary dress code.
- We strongly recommend for you to label everything (jackets, water bottles, lunch boxes, etc.) with your child's name (first and last).
- All items that are found will be placed in the Lost and Found. If your child's name is on it, we will place it in their teacher's box. We donate our Lost and Found every few months and will give you advance notice before doing so.
- Parents should notify the school the morning their child will be absent. Beginning in the 2021-22 school year, all absence notifications and notes will be submitted electronically. Parents will notify the campus of a student’s absence through Skyward Family Access, this will replace calling or emailing the campus attendance clerk to notify the school of the student’s absence. Additionally, this electronic documentation satisfies the signed parent note requirement (state required documentation). When an absence request is submitted through Skyward Family Access, the attendance clerk/registrar will be notified by email. Please go to your child's campus page and choose Attendance under the parents tab to submit an absence.
- Review the attendance policy here.
Visitors and Volunteers
- We will begin lunch visitors after Labor Day. This allows for students to get familiar with routines and make friendships. All visitors that come to eat lunch with a student must be listed in Skyward. We will ask for your driver's license during check-in. More information to come in August.
- We are looking forward to having many volunteers on campus. All volunteers must have a completed background check. If you are interested in volunteering, you will need to submit an application for a background check each school year. We recommend getting this done now so you don't have to worry about it later in the year. To fill out a form, click here.