4th Grade Weekly Happenings
Reagan Elementary School - Leander ISD
Week of January 18-22, 2016
What are we learning about this week?
- Cause & effect
- Stem-and-leaf plots
- Measuring and classifying angles
- Writing introductions & conclusions
- New expository prompt
- Review adjectives
- Review relative pronouns and relative adverbs
- Sitton Spelling Unit 17 - core words: understand, moon, animals, mind, outside
- Measuring changes in weather
- Predicting the weather
- Texas Missions
- Intro to group project
All homework is weekly and should be completed anytime between Monday and Sunday. It is due no later than Sunday at 9 pm.
- Read for 100 minutes
- Complete reading homework in Google Classroom under the class Mrs. Eddy's Homework. (Click here for help with your LISD Google log-in information.)
Please note that all other assignments in Google Classroom outside of the Mrs. Eddy's Homework classroom are for school work and do not need to be completed at home!
- Complete our class challenge in SumDog! Answer 60 questions to fill your progress bar and win coins, playing the game(s) of your choice.
- Optional (strongly recommended for students who have not yet completed multiplication & division in Xtra Math): Complete at least three full sessions with Xtra Math.
- Look outside at the moon and complete your moon diary every night for 4 weeks starting Monday, January 18 and finishing on Sunday, February 14. This should take just a few minutes! Moon diaries were handed out in science class and should be in students' Homework tab of their take home binders, but you can print a new copy from the link below if needed.
Note: Please let us know if your child does not have access to an internet-connected device at home to complete online assignments so that we can come up with an alternate plan for your child.
Valentine's Day Party - Bring in a Shoebox!
If students choose to bring valentines, we ask that they bring one for all students in their homeroom. See the link below for a list of names of students in each class.
During the party, students will decorate shoeboxes to hold their valentines. Please send in a shoebox with your child's name on it between now and the day of the party. If you are able to send any extra shoeboxes you have, it would be greatly appreciated!
REAGAN FAMILY SCIENCE NIGHT: SATURDAY, JANUARY 23rd
4th ANNUAL FACULTY FOLLIES SHOW - Saturday, February 20 @ 11am - VISTA RIDGE PAC
Classroom Supply Wish List
Mrs. Weltzin: Click to view my classroom wishlist on Amazon
Mrs. Eddy: Duct tape (plain or patterned)