First Grade Happenings
December 13, 2015
This week will be FULL of holiday activities and parties.
- THURSDAY: Winter Party from 12:20-1:20pm. Thank you to all the parents that have graciously donated their time and resources to help make our party a success.
- FRIDAY: Polar Express day - we will be wearing our pajamas, watching the movie, and enjoying hot chocolate together.
- FRIDAY: Fitness Run - please wear running clothes under pajamas
This week in Literacy we will be reviewing skills from the previous weeks. The students will be taking a Unit Test on their tablets on Monday. The week will be full of holiday books and activities.
- Please have your child continue to read this week and during break. There won't be a Rah-Rah form this week since we aren't starting a new week in Reading Street.
- Please sign the calendar in the front of the planner to show that your child has read. I will also be inserting a December reading log in the Rah-Rah. As a class we will color in the days that the child has already read according to the Rah-Rah folder. As your child reads this week and during winter break please have your child color a gingerbread man. I know that the 2 weeks will be full of lots of holiday activities and that the reading may not happen everyday. This will just be a fun way for your child to take ownership of their reading.
We will be working on lessons 4.9 - 4.11 this week. We will be learning about timelines, counting above 100, and addition/subtraction facts. The remainder of the week will consist of holiday math activities.
Library will be on Thursday this week because of our Polar Express day on Friday.