Use Excel for Visual Representation and Data Analysis
- After logging into the computer, go to START > PROGRAMS and open Excel. We will work in the downloaded version to get the most options.
- Please look at the objectives for today's session.
- Become familiar with terminology and tools
- Create a simple workbook
- Add columns, rows, and pages
- Explore the formatting options within a sheet or workbook
- Create and explore formulas, sorting, and filtering
- Add and edit borders within a worksheet
- Creat a simple chart
· Participants can explain common basic excel vocabulary terms
· Participants can create a workbook.
· Participants can add data to excel spreadsheet.
· Participants can use basic text formatting in spreadsheet (color, font type, size, bold).
· Participants can add new and adjust column/row widths and heights.
· Participants can adjust margins and page orientation
· Participants can merge cells (i.e. to create headings for data table).
· Participants can change the cell color.
· Participants can add border lines.
· Participants can use the sorting and filtering functions
· Participants can use the AVERAGE formula to find the average of a column or row.
· Participants can create a simple chart