Third Grade Cardinal Chronicle
December 11, 2015
Ms. Grubbs's Class
Follow us on Twitter: @jamie_grubbs
Our Holiday Party is Friday, December, 18th, 1:45-2:45
Contact Michelle Knight or Colleen Kilberg if you have any questions about the party! :)
Upcoming Dates to Remeber
December 18th Market Day (see below)
December 18th Holiday Party 1:45-2:45
December 21-Jan 4 Holiday Break
Next Week's Special Area Classes
- Monday- Day 3 Art
- Tuesday- Day 4 PE
- Wednesday- Day 5 Music
- Thursday- Day 6 Art
- Friday- Day 1 PE
What's Happening in Ms. Grubbs's Class
Social Studies- Economy- Market Day
Our Economy Unit has been so much fun and has taught the students so much about how the economy works.
Students have been busy writing a business plan, discussing marketing and making an advertisement to be included in a catalogue for 3rd grade. They made a prototype, made modifications if needed and then began production.
We have our culminating activity on Friday...MARKET DAY!! They are so excited and proud of their hard work!
Hour of Code
- We will continue our small reading groups. Ask your child what book we are reading in our small group. When our small groups wrap up the students will be reading in partnerships and meeting with me to work on reading skills and discuss their current book selections.
- Students will continue to learn about strategies when reading independently.
- We will continue looking at and investigating nonfiction pieces including opinion and persuasive texts.
- We will continue our daily 5 activities where we will read, write, and do word work.
- We will continue learning about time to the half hour, quarter hour, and to the minute.
- We will continue to learn about elapsed time and solve real world problems that involve this skill.
- We will continue with math workshop where the students practice math alone, with partners, and in groups while I get to know the students better as mathematicians.
- We will continue to solve real world problems using many different strategies that we have learned through exploration and through watching others.
- We will continue writing opinion and persuasive pieces.
- We will continue to write about topics of our choice.