Physical And Chemical Changes
By Brant McLemore
- The physical property of a substance change, but the identity of the substance does not change.
- Changing from one state of matter to the next. ( Ice melts to liquid, liquid boils to gas.
- Melting 0 degrees C, and Boiling Point 100 degrees C.
- Slicing bread, melting ice and mowing grass
- Any characteristics of a material that can be observed or measured without changing the identity of the material.
- Color and shape
- Length and mass
- Volume and density (d=m/v