CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Friday, August 23rd
We survived another camping trip. Fifth-grade students traveled to Columbus Youth Camp (CYC). There is no doubt you will have exhausted children headed your way. I, for one, am looking forward to sleeping in my bed, enjoying the comfort of air conditioning, and not sharing a room with 12 pre-teen boys. They were terrific, and we had fun, but I could use a break from reminding them that they do have to take showers, brush their teeth, and put their dirty clothes in trash bags. On that note, they are all yours. :)
- I was very impressed with our students on the Day of Service Wednesday. The organizers of the event commented to me several times how impressed they were with our student's positive attitudes, good manners, and work ethic. Richard McCoy, Executive Director of Exhibit Columbus told me that they would have had to work through the weekend to finish it if we wouldn't have been there to save the day. We have posted several photos and video from the event on the CSA Lincoln Community Facebook page. Thank you to the many volunteers who helped make this event successful!
- There is an article about our students helping with the Exhibit Columbus project in today's The Republic newspaper. We also linked the article on the CSA Lincoln Community Facebook page.
- Your student's ILEARN results are headed home in backpacks today. Students in grades 4-6 will receive these. School results will be published after September 4th. Great job!
- School Picture Day is Wednesday, August 28th. You can order online or use the forms that went home in backpacks. There are a few extra forms in the main office.
- A 'Grand' Reading Event will take place on Friday, September 6th from 1:45-2:30 p.m. This is an opportunity for grandparents or special guests to read a book with their student. Permission slips went home this week. This is one of the most well-attended events of the year!
Have a great weekend,
Important Upcoming Dates and Notes
- Spiritwear can be ordered via the button linked in this newsletter. It is web-based this year.
Please mark these dates on your calendar!
- 8/28 Picture Day
- 8/30 Passions Start (Grades 3-6)
- 9/6 A 'Grand' Reading Event 1:45-2:30 PM
Husky Gram Winners
Thank you for making our Meet & Greet and 1st meeting of the year a great success! We are working on laying out our year to bring our kids and our families many fun opportunities to interact with our #huskyfamily! If you couldn't make the meeting or would have ideas, comments, or questions you can always reach us at email@example.com
And the WINNERS are:
Congratulations to our contest winners:
Jana Bartels - #huskypride Prize Package
Carrie Butcher - Box Tops Prize Package
Chris Herrera - Kroger Gift Card
We are so appreciative of everyone who participated! Your ongoing participation in our fundraising programs and donated supplies are a great benefit to our students, staff, and school, so THANK YOU!
PTO Meeting - Sept. 19th 6:00-7:00pm
CSA Lincoln on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter
Facebook: CSA Lincoln Community
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley