By: Bailey Kooistra
What is it?
A cancer that starts in the tissue of the breast.
- Women are 100 times more likely to get breast cancer than men.
- Over the course of a lifetime 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer
- Swelling of a part or all of the breast.
- Skin irritation.
- Lumps on or around the breast.
- Redness, scaliness, or thickening of the nipple or breast skin.
Breast pain or discomfort.
- Weight loss.
- Limit alcohol intake.
- Don't smoke.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Be physically active.
- Avoid exposure to radiation and environmental pollution.
- Hormonal Therapy
-Molecular Breast Imaging
-Personal history of beast cancer
-Family history of breast cancer