Patterson Elementary Announcements
Patterson Announcements May 24, 2022
We hope our young students have not heard about the tragic shooting in Texas today. If they have, you may find this resource helpful. Please know you can also reach out to us at Patterson.
FIELD DAY 2022!
FIFTH GRADE CELEBRATION AND CLAP OFF
Please join us on the blacktop on the last day of school at 2:15. We will celebrate our Fifth graders, give citizenship awards, and send them off to Middle School with a clap-off.
Please bring lawn chairs. We will move lawn chairs right into the gym and continue in case of rain. Please bring immediate family only. Thank you.
The clap-off starts at 3:15. Students parade in the building past all grades, through the courtyard where they leave a memory rock, and then exit Door 11 (Kindergarten door). They will parade around the building to the blacktop where you are. You may line the walkway on the north side and back of the building to continue the clap off for them until it ends at the blacktop. Rain or shine!
KANE COUNTY COUGARS Game Fri. May 27, 2022 6:30pm
We are excited that our Chorus will be joining other local Chorus groups in singing the National Anthem at this Friday's Kane County Cougars Game. Many Patterson Students earned a free ticket to this game through the Ozzy Reading Program. We hope to see you there!
Kane County Cougars tickets were sent home last Friday, May 20th in student backpacks.
Questions? email email@example.com
Support Patterson and sign up to be a PTA member for the 2022-23 school year! Click the link above to join.
Important Patterson Dates:
May 24 - Kindergarten 22-23 Screenings 8:15 am -3:30pm - by appointment
Third Grade Living History Museum - Patterson Gym/MPR 7:30 pm
May 26 - Field Day
May 27 - Field Day rain date AND The Chorus sings at the Kane County Cougars Game 6:30 pm
May 30 - No School - Memorial Day
June 1 - 2:10 pm on blacktop (bring a lawn chair) 5th Grade Celebration;
Last Day of School for Students, iReady scores will be posted in Parentvue!
Summer Office Hours - M-Tr 9:00-3:00.
June 10 - Quarter 4 report cards posted in ParentVue after 4:00pm
August 18, 2022 School Resumes for the 2022-23 school year!
*21-22 Yearbooks will be passed out in the Fall!
every student gets Book & Math Packs for the summer!!! Arriving Home on Tuesday, May 31
LMC News-Important Information for the End of the Year!
End of the year info!
- If your student is MOVING to a new school (out of Patterson) please let us know. We will need to collect your student's Chromebook
- If your student is LEAVING school early this year...you are required to turn in their Chromebook over the summer. Your student will receive theirs next school year.
- Chromebooks will go home with Grades 1-4 over the summer. There will be NO tech support over the summer.
- Per the district KDG students will get theirs next year in 1st grade.
- Outgoing 5th graders will turn their Chromebooks and chargers in on May 27. If they are not returned, the district will be charging PushCoin accounts.
- District learning applications will be available until July 27 on SSO.
- All LMC books and textbooks outstanding will be marked lost on June 8 and charged to PushCoin. This is a district-wide policy.
Keep on Reading!
5th Graders!!! Look at an exciting opportunity at Gregory Middle School LMC!
It's time to start getting your Summer Reading books!!! Incoming 6th grade Pioneers are invited to meet Mrs. Bevan and check out books from Gregory's LMC on Monday, June 6th from 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM.
Here's what you need to know:
- Your library account MUST be clear (no overdue books or fines)
- You may take 8 books for the summer! These are due August 19th!
- There are A LOT of ways to earn rewards for your reading! See the slideshow for more information!!!!
I can't wait to hear all about the books you read this coming fall!!!
Esther F. Bevan (she/her) BSEd, MAT, MLIS | LMC Director, Gregory Middle School
Currently reading: An Occasionally Happy Family by Cliff Burke
Just finished reading: Too Bright to See by Kyle Lukoff
You'll Be the Death of Me by Karen M. McManus
These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong
Moonflower Murders by Anthony Horowitz
Hour of the Witch by Chris Bohjalian
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." ~Groucho Marx
SCHOOL SUPPLY KITS with a New Vendor!
All students K-5 will need wired headphones, there is an option to include headphones with your supply kit!
Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org
Students in grades 3-5 will need an assignment notebook for next year. Purchase by clicking this button. Assignment notebooks will be delivered to classrooms in August. Questions? email email@example.com
School Supply Kits can be ordered for 5th grade students heading to Gregory in the Fall. Click on the button to order. School code: Gregory Middle School
Spring Arrival and Dismisal Reminders
Field Day Popsicle Ingredients
STEM Camp- Summer, 2022!
Kindergarten through Eighth-grade students are invited to participate in a week-long STEM Camp. This fun hands-on experience will focus on the various elements of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) and will be taught by Indian Prairie certified teachers.
The camp will be offered twice this summer:
Session 1: June 20 - 23 8:30 - 11:30 am
Hill Middle School
Session 2: July 25-28 8:30-11:30 am
Crone Middle School
Cost: $125 per student
To learn more about this program, or to register, please use this link:
5th Grade Yard Signs
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR ANDY'S FROZEN CUSTARD ON JUNE 1ST!
Connect with PTA!
Visit our Google page at patterson.ipsd.org. Click on PTA!
Please share with any neighbors that do not currently have students at Patterson. Thank you!
Nominate a Staff Member for the A+ Award!
In 2014, the Indian Prairie Educational Foundation teamed up with District 204 and sponsor Wells Fargo Advisors to recognize the positive impact of educators. New to the program this year, one staff member from each of the elementary, middle and high school levels will be recognized each month.
- We welcome nominations from parents, alumni and community members, and strongly encourage students to submit nominations as well. A+ Award Nominations must include an essay (of 50-500 words) describing how this staff member has positively impacted students. District 204 staff members are not eligible to submit nominations.
- Nominations are rolling. All nominations submitted will be kept for consideration until the end of the current school year.
- Nominees must be currently employed by District 204.
- Nominations will be shared with those you nominate.