St. Maria Goretti Catholic School November 11, 2018
In this issue of the Trojan TImes, you will find information on the following:
- Thankful Wall
- Veterans Day
- Home and School General Meeting
- Dinner, Dance, and Auction Early-Bird Ticket Sales
- SMG Swag
- The Silver Rose is Coming to SMG
- Spring Creek Dine-Out Night
- Thanksgiving Food Basket Drive
- Christmas Store
- Mills Uniform Sale
- Dinner, Dance, and Auction Updates & Class Outing Info
- Box Tops for Education Update
- Catapult Family Math Night
- Calendar Notes
Since the road construction is now being done on the otherside of the road on Davis Drive and the south bound lane opened, the flow of traffic on and off the school campus has improved. Therefore, beginning tomorrow we will resume regular arrival and dismissal procedures and will have regular morning drop-off and afternoon dismissal (weather permitting).
On Wednesday, please note that Glamourcraft will be here for picture retakes and extracurricular group pictures. Students and coaches who participated in football, soccer, and volleyball this fall, as well as Student Council and National Junior Honor Society members will have their pictures taken beginning at 6:30AM in the cafetorium. After Mass, student and faculty/staff picture retakes will take place. If you wish to have your student's picture retaken, they must return on Wednesday the picture package they received earlier this year. Please email Mrs. De la Pena with any questions. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Butter Braid Pasties have arrived just in time for Thanksgiving! Those who ordered Buter Braid Pastries can pick up their orders on Thursday, November 15th from 2:45-3:45PMPM in the St. Maria Center. We will be having indoor dismissal that afternoon.
With the start of November and the holiday season and Advent upon us, we are often reminded of all the things in our lives that we have been blessed with and for which we are thankful. I am thankful for our SMG students, families, faculty, staff, and volunteers who make St. Maria Goretti Catholic School such a wonderful place of faith-filled learning and formation. I pray that God will continue to bless each of you and our school, and that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
St. Maria Goretti, Pray for Us!
Laura Behee, M.Ed.
Veterans Day 2018
Home and School General Meeting Monday Night!
Early Bird Dinner, Dance, and Auction Tickets on Sale!
Get Your SMG Swag On!
SMG has a new online store that will feature new Spiritwear and SMG Swag items each month!
The store is open now and will remain open until Sunday, November 25th. Currently, you will find a new t-shirt design, drawstring bags, and SMG decals/stickers. Items ordered will be delivered to the school on Friday, November 30th. More information will be given at the Home & School General Meeting on Monday.
Link to store: http://www.esixsportswear.com/saint_maria_goretti/shop/home
The Silver Rose is Coming to SMG!
The Silver Rose pays homage to the Miracle of the Roses of St. Juan Diego, the appearance of Blessed Mother Mary, and where we get the name of Our Lady of Guadelupe. Each year, Silver Roses are stewarded by Knights of Columbus councils for a pilgrimage that makes stops along routes from Canada to Mexico. The pilgrimage is a rosary-centered occasion for the Knights, parishioners, and community to pray for respect for life, for the spiritual renewal of each nation, and for the advancement of the message of Our Lady of Guadalupe.
The Silver Rose will be in Fort Worth for two weeks on its pilgrimage and SMG parent and Knight, Mr. Anson Geisel, has graciously arranged for the Silver Rose to be at SMG on Wednesday, November 14th at the 8AM Mass. All are welcome to join us at Mass on Wednesday (and any Wednesday) for this special opportunity to have the Silver Rose here and to pray to promote the diginity of human life.
More information about the SIlver Rose can be found at:
Spring Creek Dine-Out Night this Wednesday!
Annual Thanksgiving Food Basket Drive
Our overall school goal is for each student to bring $1.00 to help defray the cost of buying turkeys. We would like to encourage the students to make the donation from their own pockets if possible, as an offering of Thanksgiving for all that God has blessed them with over the past year.
Along with the $1.00 donation, we are asking that students bring in one specific item for the baskets. Each grade-level is responsible for a different item for the baskets:
- Pre-Kindergarten: 1 Box of Mashed Potatoes
- Kindergarten: 2 Cans or Packages of Gravy Mix
- 1st Grade: Boxed Pie Crust Mix
- 2nd Grade: 2 Cans of Pie Filling
- 3rd Grade: 16 oz. package of Stuffing Mix
- 4th Grade: 2 Cans of Cranberry Sauce
- 5th Grade: 2 Cans of Vegetables (same type)
- 6th Grade: Small Bottle of Cooking Oil
- 7th Grade: 2 Cans of Fruit (same type)
- 8th Grade: 2 Cans of Creamed Soup (same type)
"It's not how much we give, but how much love we put into giving" - Mother Teresa
Christmas Store 2018
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas (almost)!
We are gearing up for the Christmas Store and are in need of some donations to make sure that our elves have plenty of supplies.
Requested Donation Supplies:
- Scotch tape
- Grocery bags (plastic and paper /all sizes needed)
- Price tags
- Bike bags (to be used for larger items)
- Paper lunch bags (white, brown, or any Christmas colors)
- Gift tags
Please drop off all donations to the front office no later than November 16th. Thank you for your continued support!
If you have any questions about the Christmas Store, please contact chairs Jessica Geisel (817) 691-4623 or Andrea Freeman (817) 721-8771
What is the Christmas Store?
During the first week of December, students will be given the opportunity to purchase Christmas gifts for loved ones at Santa’s Workshop during a scheduled time slot with their class. More information will be sent out in the upcoming weeks. Stay tuned and remember Buddy the Elf says that the best way to spread Christmas cheer is by singing loud for all to hear!
Mills Uniform Sale--Final Week!!
Dinner, Dance, and Auction Updates
- Food Sponsorship of $3000.00 - includes Table sponsor with 10 tickets, full-page color ad/recognition in program, VIP Access to Dinner and Bar, recognition in the weekly Trojan Times and on the SMG DD Website for the duration of the school year, gift bags for the table
- Destination Spots - Vacation homes, Timeshares, that could be donated for a week or a long weekend; would be included in the live auction
- Dinner Package for "Dinner with Father Jim and 6 Friends"
- Season Passes to local water parks/pools
- Tickets to Professional and College Sporting events; tickets to Plays, Opera, and Music Performances, and other Fine Arts Productions
- Golf Packages/Tee Times at area golf courses
- $25.00 Gift Cards to be used for game prizes at the event
- Other items/packages/services that can be purchased in the silent auction
- Personal or Business Ads in the Evening's Program:
-$500.00 Full page/full color, back cover, back inside cover
-$250.00 Full page/full color inside ad
-$175.00 Half page/full color inside ad
-$100.00 Half page/grayscale ad
Also, please see below for the available Class Outings that have been planned for this year. Outings can be purchased at the General Home and School Meeting on Monday, November 12th.
Box Tops for Education-November Update
Catapult Family Math Night!
Catapult Family Math Night
You are Invited to a Title I Workshop:
Family Math Games
When: Thursday, November 29th
Where: St. Maria Catholic School Cafetorium
This is a FREE WORKSHOP!
Join us to learn more about:
Utilizing Math at Home in Fun Ways
Tips for Incorporating Math at Home
Multiple Math Game Ideas
Make and Take-Dice Games, Card Games, etc.
- Monday, November 12th: Home & School Association General Meeting @ 7PM in Cafetorium - Cassata Catholic High School Informational Presentation to Parents
- Wednesday, November 14th: Mass @ 8AM The SIlver Rose at Mass; Dress Uniform Required
- Wednesday, November 14th: Dine-Out Night at Spring Creek Barbecue 5-9PM
- Thursday, November 15th: Last day to turn in food donations for Thanksgiving Food Basket Drive
- Thursday, November 15th: Butter Braid Pastry pick-up 2:45-3:45PM in St. Maria Center
- Saturday, November 17th: Final day of Mills Uniform Sale
- Monday, November 19th-Friday, November 23rd: Thanksgiving Break; No School; No SMEED
- Monday, November 26th: School/Classes Resume
- Thursday, November 29th: Catapult Family Math Night 6-7PM in Cafetorium