Come To Mesopotamia
Reason why you should come to our civilization
Here are some fact about our civilization
- Mesopotamia (from the Greek , meaning between two rivers.
- The invention of the wheel is also credited to the Mesopotamians and, in 1922 CE.
- Mesopotamia as know in antiquity as a seat of learning, and it is believed that thales of miletus ( know as the first philosopher ) studies there.
- Have you ever wondered who created houses? Cars? Computers? We haven't lived in a world without technology. Believe it or not, there was a time when people could not carry their phones where ever they went! There were times when people had to WALK everywhere! Many years ago there was not even organized society. Things all changed in a part of the world known as Mesopotamia.
- Explore the fascinating ancient cultures of Mesopotamia by taking a closer look at Assyria, Babylon and Sumer.
what are the characteristics of mesopotamian
- The characteristics of Mesopotamian civilization included the city-state, irrigation, polytheistic religion, three distinct social classes and the development of the solar calendar. Mesopotamian civilization is thought to have been the first human civilization center of the world. The 'two rivers' of the name referred to the Tigris and the Euphrates rivers and the land was known as 'Al-Jazirah' (the island) by the Arabs referencing what Egyptologist J.H. Breasted would later call the Fertile Crescent, where Mesopotamian civilization began. Mesopotamian polytheism was the only religion in ancient Mesopotamia for thousands of years before entering a period of gradual decline beginning between the 1st and 3rd centuries CE.