BEVERLY HILLS PARENT / STUDENT NEWSLETTER MARCH 2023
The STAAR test is right around the corner. Please make sure that you are doing your “Personal Best” each day. We must practice like we are going to play, which means everyday and every minute students should be working in class to be prepared for the end of the year. If you are struggling, make sure you are talking to your teacher and going to tutorials. We will not tolerate classroom disruptions! We must work hard to ensure that we are ready, not only for the state exam, but also ready for the upcoming school year!
We will be offering a school wide incentive as well as a personal goal incentive to students for their MOCK scores. You tested subject teachers will help you set a goal and go over your incentive information with each student.
Stacey Barber, Principal
MUFFINS WITH MOM - MARCH PARENT EVENT
UPCOMING MOCK EXAMS
UPCOMING MOCK EXAMS:
- The RLA MOCK Exam will be given on Monday, March 6th
- The 8th grade Science MOCK Exam will be given Wednesday, March 22nd
- The 8th grade Mock STAAR Social Studies test will be given on Thursday, March 23rd
- The Math and Algebra Mock STAAR test will be given on Tuesday, March 28th
· Please make sure to go to bed early before this exam and eat a good breakfast.
· This will let us know what we need to work on before the real exams in April and May. Do your Personal Best!
· If students do not pass a STAAR test, then they will be required to attend 30 hours of tutorials for each test that is not passed during the upcoming summer or the 23-24 school year.
BHI SCHOOL WIDE VIDEO 2022-2023 WE WILL RISE UP
WE WILL RISE UP - BETTER TOGETHER
MONITORING GRADES IN SKYWARD
The students are able to check their grades through Skyward. Each student should log in weekly to monitor grades.
- This information in Skyward should help students make a weekly tutorial plan to ensure they are passing each six weeks.
- Our goal is for every student to be passing every class. Please make a plan and work to improve your grades daily.
- Thank you in advance for monitoring this to ensure that your child is successful at Beverly Hills.
5TH SIX WEEKS INCENTIVE - FUN DAY
· For the 5th six-weeks, the students will have the opportunity to participate in Fun Day. The incentive will be during the school day.
· This dance is an incentive, so for students to be able to participate:
- They can not receive ISC, Guidance Center, Suspension during the 5th six-weeks.
- The student must also pass all classes for the 5th six weeks.
- The students must not have 5 tardies to class or be late to school 5 times during the 5th six weeks.
· The incentive will be held on April 14th.
SATURDAY SCHOOL - APRIL 1ST
BUS ROUTES FOR SATURDAY SCHOOL
PARENT EVENTS FOR SPRING 2022-2023
"Due to the damage to our gym during the last storm, the Spring Luncheon scheduled for April 19 has been cancelled and replaced by Donuts with Dad. Please, see the attached information on Donuts with Dad!
Debido a los daños en nuestro gimnasio durante la última tormenta, el Almuerzo de Primavera programado para el 19 de abril ha sido cancelado y reemplazado con Donas con Papá. Por favor vea la información adjunta sobre Donas con Papá."
IMPORTANT ALL SCHOOL DATES:
MARCH 13TH - 17TH
7:45 MUFFINS WITH MOM (LIBRARY)
CHEER TRYOUTS (DANCE ROOM)
MOCK MATH & ALGEBRA