Kruse Toward Tomorrow Annual PTO Fundraiser
A Huge Thank You is owed to the Kruse Community!
We want to thank each and every student, parent and donor for their contribution to this year’s fundraiser. We brought in a record amount of donations beating our stretch goal by over $7,000. We also had a record breaking amount of student participation, seeing 60% of students involved this year.
The success of the this fundraiser will make it possible for us to fund new window coverings throughout the entire school as well as continue with the other ways the PTO supports Kruse.
Are you a numbers and data person? This might interest you.
- 60% - The percent of the student body that participated
- 981 - Email or text requests sent
- 615 - Donations made
- 700 - Approximate number of Blow Pops given out
- 210 - Silly Sticky Hands awarded
- 177 - Extra Library book coupons delivered
- 166 - Students who earned Extra Recess
- 158 - Students picking a teacher for Lunch with Teacher award
- 87 - Contestants for the Silly String Showdown
- 31 - Students earned entrance into the Tie Dye Event
- 9 - Pictures for the marquee and ice cream treats with Mr. Samples.
- $35,500 donated to Kruse Elementary PTO (after fees)
Thank you Blow Pop Fairy
Because we met both our regular goal and the stretch goal the entire school earned both the dunk tank reward and the inflatable obstacle course. On May 20th all students will have the opportunity to run through the obstacle course during school and the dunk tank will be at the 30th Anniversary Celebration on May 20th.
Extra Recess, Lunch with Teacher, Silly String Showdown and the Tie Dye Events will be scheduled soon.
Bookmark Competition Results
What's Coming Up:
- Monday, April 18 -Thursday, April 21: Spring Scholastic BOGO Book Fair. Shopping times will be before and after school. Time to stock up on some great new books before summer!
- Thursday, April 21: Kruse Earth Day Clean Up Day. Bring your family and join us on Thursday April 21st to help clean up Kruse for Earth Day. Please use the link below to sign up for an area of Kruse to help with. Please bring rakes, gloves, brooms or other equipment and tools you may need. See you there! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090B44AEA628A0F85-kruse
- Friday, April 22, 4:00-8:00PM: Kruse Family Skate Night at Rollerland. Rollerland is hosting Kruse Elementary for a private family skate night! Head over to the rink right after school to take advantage of the rink being just ours for the afternoon.
- Sunday, April 24 11:00AM-9:00PM: Los Chingones Fundraiser. Mention KRUSE when you checkout and we'll earn 15% of your tab, excluding alcohol.
- Monday, May 2 - Friday, May 6: Staff Appreciation Week. Please look for more information below about how you can help!
- Monday, May 9: Our monthly PTO meeting. Your last chance for this school year to join us at our meeting.
- Sunday, May 15, 10:00AM-2:00PM: Breeze Thru Car Wash Fundraiser. For every car washed Kruse will earn $1!
- Friday, May 20: Kruse's 30th Anniversary Celebration! Our wonderful school is about to celebrate the big 3-0, so we're throwing a big party! Keep your eyes on your email for your invitation. We have lots of fun planned to celebrate 30 years of learning, playing, and thriving within our Kruse community! We are currently looking for corporate sponsors. Please see the details below.
- Wednesday, May 25: Last day of school.
How can I get involved?
- Book Fair Volunteers: The Spring BOGO Book Fair is next week, and we are in need of volunteers to help make it possible! Please visit the volunteer sign-up webpage below. Shifts are only 1 hour long and no previous experience is necessary! https://volunteer.scholastic.com/#/signup/S7sXxdtEY
- Assistant book Fair Coordinator: We are looking for a new parent volunteer who is interested in learning the ropes, and can hopefully grow into our next Book Fair Coordinator.
- Yearbook Volunteers: We will need end of year help with yearbook distribution.
- 30th Anniversary Celebration Sponsorship Opportunities: Do you want your company logo be in front of 700-800 people, and help our wonderful school celebrate a milestone? Please consider being a sponsor for our event. Please contact Rochelle Reynolds at: email@example.com if you are interested.
$1,000 Level: Ray Kruse Sponsor : Banner at event, your logo on evite, social media shout-out, special thank you at the event, option to have a swag/activity table at event, your logo on the back of 21/22 Yearbook
$500 Level: Cougar Sponsor : Banner at event, your logo on evite, social media shout-out, special thank you at event
Teachers make the world go round!
Check Friday Folders next week (22nd) for a fun coloring page. Please fill in the blanks, color, and decorate. There will be collection baskets in front of the school on April 27th- 29th. PTO will turn the pages into books for each teacher. These are sure to make the teachers smile!
Also next week, we will begin collecting gift cards in $10.00 increments for a staff “staycation“ give away. Please help by donating (one or a few) before April 29th. There will be a collection box just inside the front doors of the school.
Lastly, join us in covering the school yard with poster of gratitude. These will be displayed on May 4th. You can drop these in the collection baskets outside of the school as well or you can drop them off to the office.
The PTO is grateful for all the support of the Kruse community. We are so thankful in your involvement