Week of December 12th-18th
One more busy week until break! There are lots of activities going on next week.
Reminder that next Friday will be a full day and not a 2 hr day.
Also, if you are wanting to switch your child either to or from distance learning for the third nine weeks (which begins after winter break), please remember to notify your school by Dec. 15.
If you are not making a change, there is no need for any action, but again, if you want to switch either to or from distance learning, please notify your school by Dec. 15.
Thank you and Go Eagles!
Dear Students and Parents,
We are hard at work on this year's Yearbook. Never has the beginning of a school year looked so strange, but we are here to document it every step of the way, no matter how much stranger, or more like normal, it looks. This will be a year that none of us will ever forget. And that's where we come in, we will create a Yearbook that we all will be proud of for years to come.
Don't delay, order yours today! Price change January 1st. Last day at $90.00 December 31st.
Monthly Teacher Appreciation Opportunity
Distance Learner information
Sick policy and protocol .
Here are some tips from Nurse Carroll on navigating COVID-19, staying well, and reducing the spread of illness:
- Please wear a face mask when in public or around people from outside of your household
- Please wash hands frequently or use hand sanitizer frequently. Washing hands with soap and water for 20 seconds is best, but hand sanitizer may be more accessible and is also a good option to reduce germs on hands.
- Flu shots are recommended. Flu shots can reduce illness and possible un-necessary testing or quarantine due to symptoms
- Please remain home if you or your child are sick.
- Please Call/email Nurse Carroll for guidance on your child returning to school if he/she has possible symptoms of COVID-19 such as cough, runny/stuffy nose, sore throat, temperature greater than or equal to 100.4, chills, body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
- COVID-19 can spread starting 48 hours (or 2 days) before the person has any symptoms or tests positive
- Please refer to my webpage for recent posts for COVID-19 information and the most current COVID-19 policy.
We appreciate everyone working with us to arrive later if you can (7:25-7:40am), but please remember that your child should be in the classroom before the 7:45 bell. If students are planning to eat breakfast at school, please drop them off no later than 7:30am for them to have time to eat and be in the classroom by 7:45am.
If your child does not have their own water bottle, we would encourage you to send one each day. Please label it so we can get them back to students if they get lost. The plastic ones with good tops help us avoid spills. We will send those home daily for them to be washed.
The students have been doing a phenomenal job with their masks. Please wash those nightly or wear a clean one each day. I would also encourage you to find a way your child can keep it on them at all times (like with a lanyard) to avoid dropping it on the floor or misplacing it during a mask break.
Free Breakfast and Lunch
You should have received notification about all students being able to receive free breakfast and lunch through December. We want to encourage you to check the menus and talk with your child about eating. The a la carte items will still be charged to student accounts.
The Wordmasters Challenge
The WordMasters Challenge™ is a national competition for students in grades 3-8 that encourages growth in vocabulary and verbal reasoning. Each year, over 125,000 students from some of the best public and private schools throughout the United States participate in the WordMasters Challenge.
Eagleville Elementary Winners:
3rd Grade Gold Division:
Kaleb Greer -School Level and District Level Winner
Hunter Pendergrast -School Level and District Level Winner
Brynn Smith -School Level and District Level Winner
5th Grade Gold Division:
Kyndal Freeman -School Level Winner and District Level Winner
Fiona Meehl -School Level Winner
Michael Thibodeaux -School Level Winner
8th Grade Gold Division:
Annelyn Trail -School Level Winner and District Level Winner
Carson Puckett -School Level Winner and District Level Winner
**District Level Winners will be able to compete with the District Team at the National Level
- Luke B., Ruby C., Kylie V., Alec W., Lindsey B., Caius M., Cadence C., Isabella S., Kyler S.,
- Chloe C., Kaeyln M., Olivia T., Lance L, Hailey M. Clare B., Luke D., Noah L., Gabriel O.,
- Caroline A., Rory S., Cooper S., Joshua T., Jensen L., Jesse B., Gracie H., Jamilla L.,
- Oaklynn J., Daphne P., Caroline P., Cohen B., Julianna G., Julissa G., Jordan J.,
- James B., Adam M., Abigail P., Owen Mc., Stella R., Emme S., Kolten D., Eli D., Hadley F.,
- Thomas S., Bradly F., Olivia M., Jana R., William V., Sarah M., Morgan F., Stephen D.,
- Hannah R.