--Peek at Our Week-Sept 12, 2022
Paonia K-8 School
Reading with Hersey in 1st grade
Mr. Hannon puts together a water balloon sling shot bonanza!
Birthday (Sept 3) triplets: Heather Frazier, Lorna Hughes, Mike Miller
Boys Basketball Coach Needed
NFHS Pink Night: Thursday, October 6
(The North Fork High School Pink Night information is attached to this newsletter as well.)
Every Friday, our PPO parents provide Friday snack to all of our staff.
We could use your help with Friday snack! Our teachers appreciate this immensely!
8 days are open for this semester.
Saturday, Sept. 10
10:00am MS Football @ Gunnison (Away)
Tuesday, Sept. 13
MS Volleyball @ Hotchkiss (7th-Away/8th-Away)
Thursday, Sept 15
MS Football vs Delta (Home)
Attention 7th and 8th Graders! (Forms attached and at the front office. Forms due to PK8 by Tuesday, Sept 13)
*You DO NOT need to be in PK8 student council to participate in the DCSAC.
The Delta County School Board and Superintendent believe that student perspectives provide important information as they lead and make decisions for the Delta County School District. The Delta County Student Advisory Committee (DSAC) will serve as one connection for students to be informed and have their voices heard within our School District. A School Board Liaison and the Superintendent will support the student advisory committee work.
The following points outline the specifics of the DSAC: Responsibilities:
• To provide input and ideas into district issues/decisions.
• To be an advisory group to the School Board and the Superintendent.
• To represent all of the students in the District and their respective schools.
• The School Board intends that the educational experience for the members of the DSAC are challenging, valuable and allow the students to contribute to the effective operation of the district. Meeting Structure and Responsibility:
• The DSAC will meet regularly during the year - a minimum of once a month, 1-2 hours in length.
• The School Board and full student advisory committee will meet once a year in joint meetings.
• Members will develop and design annual goals with the Superintendent and present these to the School Board.
• The student leadership team will run the committee meetings and develop a meeting schedule for the upcoming year.
• The DSAC will select a president, vice-president and secretary to create the DSAC Leadership Team. A $250 scholarship will be awarded to DSAC officers.
• The DSAC secretary will compile meeting minutes for delivery at school board meetings.
• The School Board recommends that the Student Leadership Team (President):
o Attend all regular meetings of the school board; and, upon invitation by the Board Chair, attend work sessions of the school board.
o Review all materials prior to board meetings.
o Provide brief updates to the Board re: matters related to the DSAC and district students