Kyah's Career Project
By: Kyah Hilliard
What Kind of Student am I
What is my Learning Style
The test told me that I am a tactile learner. The three statements in my results that best describe me are...
- You're out shopping for clothes, and you're waiting in line to pay. What are you most likely to do while you are waiting? My answer was "Fidget and move back and forth."
- What's the best way for you to study for a test? My answer was "Read the book or your notes and review pictures or charts"
What do you find most distracting when you are trying to study? My answer was "An uncomfortable chair"
A good study habit of mine is making a study guide and scrambling the questions, then I have someone ask the questions and I try to answer. Another study habit I have is trying to memorize what ever it is I am studying for by repeating the formula or whatever a lot, then I write it down a lot.
My favorite book is "Magisterium, The Iron Trial" by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare. This is what the book looks like...
The job that I choose is a Web-Developer.
- Is it easy or hard for me to focus on the task at hand? Yes, as long as there is not something incredibly distracting.
- What kind of things causes me to lose focus? Things that make me lose my focus could be someone saying my name over and over to annoy me.
- How will being focused help me in life? It will allow me to be able to do boring job's and get everything done.
Meteorologists gather information from satellite images, radar, remote images, and weather stations. To be a meteorologist, you have to be a good problem solver, attention to detail and accuracy, a team orientated approach to work. The average salary is $89,260.00.
- Studying about meteorology.
- Talk to a meteorologist.
- Shadow someone who is a meteorologist. (Follow them around at work for about a week)