Rome City Elementary School
Roman News April 2020
From the Principal's Desk...
Spring is definitely in the air! I don’t know about you, but I have spring fever! Whoever thought we would be in a national pandemic and would end our school year this way?
We will continue learning through eLearning for the rest of the year! This is not ideal for us, as we miss the kids smiles, hugs, and laughter. I know as a parent myself that eLearning is not a fun thing for a parent, but we appreciate everything you are doing to make sure your child/children continue learning.
I am asking that if you need anything, please contact your child's teacher or me. You can email us or even try to Skype us through your child's device. We will be here to help and answer questions.
Most importantly, I encourage you to stay home as much as you can and stay safe! I hope you and your family find this time together cherish-able! Our kids grow up so fast, now is the time to take a minute and build memories of a lifetime.
As the governor changes restrictions and the weeks continue, please watch for many notes on our FaceBook page, website and School Messengers we send home for upcoming events and announcements.
Mrs. Heather Green
Dear Roman Families,
Here are a few quick updates to help with eLearning
- Assignments will be posted by 9:00 a.m. each day of eLearning.
- Teachers are available during the day by email, Skype and SeeSaw between the hours of 8:00 - 3:30. Teachers are also checking email and Skype often during the evening.
- If we have not heard from your child by noon each assigned eLearning day, we will call and send you a friendly reminder that your child has not checked in yet. Feel free to let the teacher know when eLearning lessons will begin. We understand that some parents prefer to start them in the evening, but we are still informing you to keep in contact about eLearning status.
- If you do not have internet, you can come and sit on any East Noble property with your child. They should be able to use the internet on our playground and in the parking lot.
- We are no longer supplying paper pencil material to students, as every child has a device and there are internet hubs and internet available through the community.
eLearning Due Dates for the Remaining of the School Year
eLearning Due Dates:
eLearning will continue to be each week on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. On the last week of school, which is May 11 - May 15, eLearning will be 4 days this week. Students will have eLearning Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of this week. All Assignments are due Friday, May 15 by 3:00.
- eLearning for the week of March 17-19 will be due Monday, April 6 by noon.
- eLearning for the week of April 7- 9 will be due Monday, April 13 by noon.
- eLearning for the week of April 14-16 will be due Monday, April 20 by noon.
- eLearning for the week of April 21 - 23 will be due Monday, April 27 by noon.
- eLearning for the week of April 28 - 30 will be due Monday, May 4, by noon.
- eLearning for the week of May 5-7 will be due Monday, May 11, by noon.
Last week for eLearning is different!
- eLearning for the week of May 12 - 15 will be 4 days this week. eLearning will be Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. eLearning will be due by 3:30 Friday, May 15.
Questions and Answers
How do I know my child's grades?
- All grades are posted and updated each week by teachers. You can log into PowerSchool and see your child's grade at any time. If you need help with PowerSchool, please contact Ann Robbins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have a child in kindergarten or first grade, you can log into their badge report card. If you need help with your child's badge report card, contact your child's teacher.
Are we having the school carnival?
- This is still up in the air. We are waiting to see if restrictions are lifted from the governor. If we do not have the carnival this year, we will still have one next year.
- If you already bought your bracelet and dinner package, you will be contacted by Mrs. Robbins once decisions are made.
What if I ordered a yearbook?
- We will distribute yearbooks when restrictions are lifted.
- If you did not order a yearbook, we might have extras to sell. We are waiting for the shipment to arrive. If we do have extras, we will let families know.
Again, all other questions were answered in Superintendent Linson's memo to families. Please check our Facebook and Website for more answers.
Do you have a Kindergartener for next year?
If you have a child who will be in kindergarten next year we need you to get them signed up! If you know someone who will have a kindergartener next year, please pass this information on to them!
We were unable to have Kindergarten Round Up due to the pandemic, but we want to make sure we have your child ready to go for kindergarten! Please fill out this google doc and you will be hearing from Ann Robbins to assist with any other questions soon.
We are so THANKFUL for these Extremely Dedicated Parents!!
This year has been an amazing year! Rome City would not be able to do all of the special events and activities without these extremely dedicated parents! Rome City students and staff are very appreciative to the following parents!!! Your time and dedication is commendable!!!!
Kari Bailey, Michelle Hague, Barb Deyo, Christine Warner, Abby Herr, Sidonia Martin