THEOLOGY 2 SEMESTER EXAM
by: Zachary ridgley
original state of man
The original state of man and orginal sin consequences
The disobedience and transgression of Adam and Eve is called Original Sin. What happened? As we have previously said, God gave Adam and Eve permission to eat the fruit of all trees except the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. You may freely eat of every tree of the Garden but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat for in the day that you eat of it, you shall die. In other words, God said to Adam and to Eve You may eat the fruit of all of the trees that are in the Garden and that are edible it is only the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that you should not eat. On the day that you do eat it, you shall die.
the world became flesh
- in order to save us by reconciling us with God, who loved us and sent his Son to be the expiation for our sins the Father has sent his Son as the Savior of the world Sick our nature demanded to be healed fallen to be raised up dead to rise again. We had lost the possession of the good it was necessary for it to be given back to us.
- so that thus we might know God’s love: God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him.” “For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”
- Take my yoke upon you & learn from me. I'am the way & the truth & the life no one comes to the Father, but by me Jesus is the model for the Beatitudes & the norm of the new law Love one another as I have loved you. This love implies an effective offering of oneself after his example.
- to make us For this is why the Word became man & the Son of God became the Son of man so that man by entering into communion with the Word & thus receiving divine might become a son of God. For the Son of God became man so that we might become God.
the paschal mystery
the theological virtues
- Faith is the theological virtue by which we believe in God and believe all that he has said and revealed to us, and that Holy Church proposes for our belief because he is truth itself. By faith man freely commits his entire self to God. For this reason the believer seeks to know and do God's will. The righteous shall live by faith
- Hope is the theological virtue by which we desire the kingdom of heaven and eternal life as our happiness, placing our trust in Christ's promises and relying not on our own strength, but on the help of the grace of the Holy Spirit.
- Charity is the theological virtue by which we love God above all things for his own sake, and our neighbor as ourselves for the love of God.
prayer communicate to god
the four marks of church the last things
- The Church Is One
Just as God is one in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, so also is the Church one. The founder of the Church is Jesus Christ, who brought us back to God and made us into the family of God. The Church is one in the Holy Spirit, who dwells in those who believe.
- The Church Is Holy
The Church is holy because the Church lives in union with Jesus Christ, the source of holiness. Through the Holy Spirit the Church leads others to holiness. The holiness of the Church is seen in the love that the members of the Church have toward one another and the many sacrifices they make for the sake of the world.
- The Church Is Catholic
Catholic means “universal.” The Church is universal in two ways. First, the Church is catholic because all baptized people are part of the Church and the Church possesses the means of salvation. Second, the mission of the Church is universal because the Church has been sent to proclaim Christ to the entire human race.
The Church Is Apostolic
The Church traces its tradition directly from the apostles; therefore, the Church is considered apostolic. With the Holy Spirit the Church preserves and continues the teaching of the apostles. The pope and bishops are the successors of the apostles.
the last things
- Death is the separation of man's mortal body and immortal soul. It comes to all men as a result of original sin It is a temporary state for at the end of the world all men shall rise again to be judged by Christ. Thus the whole man body and soul will be rewarded for the good or evil that he has done body and soul in this life.
judged by God based on his conduct in this life and goes immediately to his reward or punishment. Moreover at the end of the world Jesus Christ will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead At that time Gods whole plan for the world shall be revealed, and his mercy and justice demonstrated.
Heaven is the eternal state of perfect happiness resulting from the face to face vision of God which is the reward of those who have served Him in this life.
Hell is the eternal state of torment and despair which awaits those who in this life have freely rejected God and the happiness which He offerse.