Anderson School News 8/16/21
Dates to Remember
- Thu 26th from 10:30 am- 10:00 pm at MOD Pizza in Elgin
- Tue. - 31st - Curriculum Night from 6:00-7:00 PM. (See below)
- Wed 1st Early Release Day. Students are dismissed at 2:10 PM.
- Thu 2nd PTO Family Picnic and PTO Meeting 5:30-7:30 PM River Bend Park
- Fri 3rd No School for students. Teacher Institute Day.
- Mon 6th No School. Labor Day!
- Thu 9th Picture Day!
- Wed 29th Early Release Day. Students are dismissed at 2:10 PM.
Save the date for curriculum night! It will be Tuesday, August 31st from 6:00-7:00 p.m.
More details about the event will be forthcoming. We are still determining if it will be a virtual event similar to last year, or if we will be able to welcome parents into the building.
Stay tuned, and save the date!
D303 Elemenatary Handbook
Parents can always access the electronic version of the Elementary Handbook on the D303 website. Go to the D303 website - Schools - Student Handbooks - 2021-2022 - Elementary Handbook and Discipline Procedures Addendum. It is always a great idea for each family to review both handbooks with their children. Thank you for your support.
From the Anderson PTO
MOD Pizza Dine Out Fundraiser
Join us for our first Dine Out Fundraiser of the year on Thursday, August 26th from 10:30 am- 10:00 pm at MOD Pizza in Elgin. Enjoy some delicious pizza with your family and friends and MOD Pizza will donate a percent of sales from Takeout, Delivery & Pick up orders to Anderson Elementary PTO!
The PTO depends on help from ALL our families to create a fun and memorable experience for ALL students throughout the year. If you have already paid your $25 donation through Push Coin, thank you! If you still need to do here is how to do it:
• Log into your Push Coin account from the D303 or Anderson web page.
• Under your child’s name/picture click on the “Web Store” link. From there you will see a list of all district fees. Scroll down to “Anderson 2021-2022 PTO” and add to cart. (Note: the same fees will show up for all your children registered but we do not expect you to donate $25 for each child. Although, we won’t stop you if you want to donate more ☺)
Other Ways to Support Our School
We’re very excited to share that our school is part of the Coca-Cola Give program and Amazon Smiles. What is exciting about these two programs is that there is NO out of pocket cost to you! We simply ask that you enter your Coca-Cola product codes at: https://us.coca-cola.com/give/schools/ and our school will receive a donation. Want to learn more about the program, please check it out at Coke.com/give.
Like to shop on Amazon? Support Anderson Elementary by going to smile.amazon.com. AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know with the same products, prices and services except they will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchase to the school. While you are sipping on your Coca-Cola product and shopping at Amazon, please consider participating in these two great programs.