Make that project a success!
Write down your initial thoughts and personal interests:
- What do you wonder about?
- What are you passionate about?
- What class would you take if you could study anything?
- What have you always wished you could do or make?
- What do you care about and want to share with the world?
Think About Resources You Can Use
Think about using:
- Non-fiction books
- Reference sources -- dictionary, thesaurus, encyclopedia,almanac, atlas
- Websites, databases, & search engines
- Primary sources -- original documents, eyewitness reports, expert interviews
- Images and videos
Searching online can be tricky if you don't use the right keywords! Try these search strategies:
- Write down your questions and then pull out the keywords.
- Think of synonyms that could be used to describe the same word (e.g., live / habitat).
- Check your spelling if you are not finding anything relevant.
- Get more specific to narrow the information down by using a combination of keywords.