Sacred Heart School
Week of January 4th
Happy New Year!
I love this time of year. I love cleaning out my closets, filling in my new calendar, and thinking about where this year is going! I also love New Year's Resolutions. Some people say they are hoakey- I say they are awesome.
Here are a few of my New Year's Resolutions:
1. Lose 10 pounds. If your student asks to bring a cupcake to the office, say "NO!!!!"
2. Find and make time for looking at student thinking. Make the most of Curriculum Development time, planning periods, quick chats in the hallways, and half days!
3. Finish Rediker webinars and get this new Student Information System adopted!
4. Deepen my faith life. Embrace the opportunities presented at SHS from prayer courses to Ms. Cinnamon's wisdom, to masses, special events, and office chats with Br. Brian!
5. Stay positive. No one likes to be around a Negative Nancy. I will continue to search for solutions to the challenges from technology, scheduling, stress, title paperwork, and the daily demands of our work.
What are your New Year's resolutions? I'd love for you to share them with me!
Happy New Year!
No Staff Meeting on Monday - Thursday instead!
Thursday, Jan. 7th, 3:30pm
3 Kings Day - No Homework for students
Wednesday, Jan. 6th, 8am
Students can only redeem the No Homework pass on Wednesday.
Looking into the Future...
Get your calendars out!
Wednesday, January 13th - Half Day
Thursday, January 14th - HSA Meeting at 6pm and Homeroom Parent Meetings at 5pm.
Monday, January 18th - No School for MLK Day
Friday, January 22nd - March for Life (7th and 8th graders)
Friday, January 22nd - 2nd Quarter Ends
Sunday, January 31st - 10:00am -2pm - Open House - one teacher from each team should be present!
Performance Series Mid-year Testing Window
Each homeroom teacher will be responsible for testing their students.
1st and 2nd grade will test on ipads, 3rd-5th will test in the computer lab, and 6th-8th will test on the Chromebooks!