Figure of Speech
Join this activity on weekdays from 2:02-2:57 P.M.
What Are We About?
Definition of Types of Figure Speech
- Simile- a comparison between two objects using words "like" or "as" (Possibly "seems" or "appears").
- Metaphor- is a comparison between two objects not using "like" or "as".
- Personification- when human characteristics are given to a non-human object.
- Hyperbole- an extreme exaggeration.
- Alliteration- using words that begin with the same sound.
- Irony- the use of the words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of it's literal meaning.
- Onomatopoeia- the word actually sounds like what it means.
The girl's hair was as orange as the sun.
He is the apple of my eye.
The wind howled through the night.
I told you 50,000 times already!
Raena Ran Really Rapid in the Running Race.
The unsinkable Titanic sank.
Pow! Boom! Wow! Hiss!