This Is How We Lakeview
April Edition: Volume 2
What a week!
Reminder that we will continue with the Ohio State Assessments on Monday and Tuesday next week. Please make sure that your student is coming with their Chromebook charged and wired headphones.
I know that the parking lot was backed up this week. We had the VLA students coming into the building for testing which added a lot more vehicles on the 2 testing days. We also have all the hybrid students back in the building which means twice the number of cars in the morning. Thank you for your patience, we are working with the sheriff's department to get someone to direct traffic in the mornings. On Monday and Tuesday, we will have the VLA students coming in again. If you have a VLA student coming in for testing either of those days, you can drop them off around 7:30 am. This will give them plenty of time to complete the math portion of the Ohio State Assessments as it is a shorter test and hopefully will allow for few traffic issues.
LAST DAY TO ORDER YEARBOOKS IS TODAY!
Give yourself some extra time for parent drop off in the morning
Please try to leave 10-15 minutes earlier to give yourself some extra time the first few days. Students can be dropped off as early at 6:50 am. Please watch for Mrs. Hanagan and Mrs. Cruse to direct you to keep pulling forward. Once you are along the curb, students should exit the vehicle and enter through either door. This will allow 10-12 cars to drop off at the same time and allow for a better traffic flow. We appreciate your help in making the drop-off as quick as possible.
DO NOT DROP STUDENTS IN THE PARKING LOT, WE DO NOT WANT THEM CROSSING THROUGH 2 LANES OF TRAFFIC AS THIS IS A SAFETY ISSUE.
Mobile Dentist-Rescheduled for May 7th!
Good news! You have more time to sign your student up to see the Dentist at school. The Ohio Dental Outreach will now be at our school on May 7th. A form went home with your student in February or you can fill it out online at www.MySchoolDentist.com. If you have any questions please email the school nurse (email@example.com).
Ohio's State Assessments continue on Monday and Tuesday!
A few tips for Ohio State Tests:
1. Make sure your student's Chromebook is charged
2. Have your student get a good night's sleep
3. Reminder your student that all personal devices (cell phones, Apple watches, etc) will need to be powered off during testing
4. Make sure your student eats a good breakfast (or grabs breakfast when they get to school)
5. Please avoid scheduling any outside appointments on these dates
Below is the list of tests and dates for course offered at the junior high level.
State Tests for VLA students
District Announces VLA plans for 2021-2022 School Year
PLSD has finalized our plans for the Virtual Learning Academy for the 2021-2022 school year.
All of the information can be found on the new PLSD Virtual Learning Academy website:
Major Points of Interest:
Official Registration for the VLA will be from April 26th - May 9, 2021. Registration will happen in the Parent Portal of Infinite Campus.
Issue #1 of The Virtual Direction (the VLA newsletter) is now available.
Courses offered are available on the site.
If you have any questions about the PLSD VLA please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in the Pickerington Schools Virtual Learning Academy.
The Community Corner
- Our April Change Chat will take place on Tuesday, April 19th, during lunch periods. This month’s chat will focus on student feedback from previous Change Chats, which will then lead into the first meeting of the Lakeview Leadership Team as they begin to envision their roles in the building next year.
- The first, organizational meeting for the Lakeview Leadership Team will be during the week of April 26-30. A specific date will be set in the coming weeks. All updates will be shared with LLT members through their school Gmail account, so if your child is on the team, please continue to encourage them to check their email.
- Key information from Leadership Team meetings will be shared in future Community Corners.
- Has your student done something awesome or noteworthy? Do you want to celebrate them and their accomplishment? In future Community Corners, we hope to highlight more of our students through the Student Spotlight feature. We have updated the Family Feedback Form to include an area where you can share the details that you want to highlight about your student. Check it out!
Updates from the Family Feedback Form
- We have not received any new questions or concerns since the last newsletter.
The Lakeview Family Feedback Form
2021 PHSN Girls Soccer for current 8th Graders
The 2021 PHSN girls’ soccer season is quickly approaching. Preseason workouts will begin on June 7th at 6 pm at the high school soccer practice fields behind the second stadium. Any students interested in playing high school soccer are highly encouraged to join us for a special meeting for 8th graders on April 22nd from 7-7:45 pm. The meeting will be held in the Performing Arts Center (PAC) at North high school. In this meeting we will share the complete plans for the 2021 season. In addition, a short question and answer session will be held at the end of the meeting.
Due to COVID-19 protocols, Families should sit together with their child(ren) and stay distanced from others. Also, at the end of the meeting, unless you have questions for the coaches, we ask that you please leave the facilities immediately. Please do not stay to socialize with friends or family in the PAC.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Coach Doug Peterson at email@example.com.